Ironman race director assaulted

Grantc

Its hard to find a more beautiful place to live in. Pity that a handful of idiots make it nasty for everyone .

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These entitled twats boil my piss, goddam useless just like their elected president. They are not happy until they have destroyed everything and left nothing but ruins.

Sorry to say, Durban is spearheading our fight in how to become a Zimbabwe.

Read: Not Durbanites as general folk, but the councils and municipalities etc.

Every time I go back there to visit the folks, my heart breaks a little bit more. 

Durbs could be SO much more than it is right now. 

If only it was run like CT. 

Every time I go back there to visit the folks, my heart breaks a little bit more. 

Too many ANC supporters there, all riding the gravy train.

This is p.....ing me off.  Hate the few who COMPLETELY stuff it up for others.  All the Cancer brethren.  

haven't been there for a while, but not hearing many good news stories from general state of the city. was expecting more of this in the commonwealth games thread - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/152867-durban-2022-commonwealth-games/

Had to go there a few times a year for business and must say especially the CBD just went from bad to worse over the years.

They have a very nice add here on German TV to promote the tourism in Durban.

Well as far as the race goes it was an awesome experience.  I will come back.  IM has now put it in the media so that will give them more bargaining rights as the businesses are now all aware of the state of events.

Interesting to note is from experience the entries normally open immediately after the race weekend but this has not happened yet.  I suspect Paul will make a few demands before committing for next year. 

The businesses who profited should put pressure on the local government to clean up their act literally.

I was happy overall on the weekend as there was a lot more visible policing then in say East London.

As DaveM as said, isolated incidents will always take place.  However if there is 5,000 tourists in that one area for a weekend surely it must drive away the evil forces?

Lets see what transpires...............

Had to go there a few times a year for business and must say especially the CBD just went from bad to worse over the years.

They have a very nice add here on German TV to promote the tourism in Durban.

Yep we get it to, saw it again this week on the British Eurosport channel and could only just wonder what people will think if they actually go there after seeing the ad..

They are still on the 2016 calendar... 23rd - 24th April 2016

Aha. Thanks for the correction. Did some checking. CT was excluded from the initial announcement in May but have been added on 13 July but only as a Sprint race. I guess with the cold water a sprint is more doable.

Final calender 

Abu Dhabi, UAE – March 4-5 - OLYMPIC

Gold Coast, Australia – April 9-10 - OLYMPIC

Cape Town, South Africa– April 23-24 - SPRINT

Yokohama, Japan – May 14-15 - OLYMPIC

Leeds, England – June 11-12 - OLYMPIC

Stockholm, Sweden – July 2-3 - OLYMPIC

Hamburg, Germany – July 16-17 - SPRINT

Edmonton, Canada – September 3-4 - SPRINT

Cozumel, Mexico – September 11-18 - OLYMPIC

Source: http://www.triathlon.org/news/article/2016_itu_world_triathlon_series_calendar_complete

Archived