BMT Stellenbosch

Fisan

What happened to the BMT-Specialized relationship? I see they're pushing Trek bikes now. Nothing against one or the other, but I find this strange since the non-Spec-concept-store in Stellenbosch was the goto place for the Specialized pro athletes.

Spaz South Africa are in the process of building one mother of a concept store in Stellenbosch. They have big big plans for it, linking it to local trails etc.

I believe BMT were given the option to become a concept store but their floorspace was not large enough. Looks like the concept store model isn't working out quite like they thought it would.

looks like they're dumping all the old spez stock onto the classifieds :)

well shoes at least...

To sum it up, that relationship "het sy gat gesien.." Specialized ended the relationship because of them wanting to do their own thing.

Spaz South Africa are in the process of building one mother of a concept store in Stellenbosch. They have big big plans for it, linking it to local trails etc.

As long as they don't start branding trails again....

Anyway, will be sticking to the independent bike shops in Stellies more fervently then. 

Not a Trek fan at all. But they have some nice Yetis on the floor, but those Yetis prices make a s works seem like a real bargain. Always serviced my bikes with Bmt, great shop. 

They cast the bait, hooked some shop owners with their fancy flare, got the sales and market share, plenty profit, and the 5year "Boot" them all plan kicks into place.....I must say, it does have a Spez 'ring' to it

As long as they don't start branding trails again....

Anyway, will be sticking to the independent bike shops in Stellies more fervently then. 

If they fund trail building I couldnt really care. As long as I get to ride awsome trails.

looks like they're dumping all the old spez stock onto the classifieds :)

well shoes at least...

more like DUMPING 

3 pages of spaz shoes FFS, 

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view8/20140801/5081966/dump-truck-o.gif

more like DUMPING 

3 pages of spaz shoes FFS, 

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view8/20140801/5081966/dump-truck-o.gif

At a good price though! Don't complain!

Not a Trek fan at all. But they have some nice Yetis on the floor, but those Yetis prices make a s works seem like a real bargain. Always serviced my bikes with Bmt, great shop. 

Yeti ASR C frame going for around R37k, S-Works frame for around R50k. Yeti lighter than the S-Works. Don't think that's a bad deal!

I don't agree with the Spez "business model" and what's currently happening here in the Western Cape with regards to some stores. 

As soon as I can I will move away from the Spez brand. Just need to convince Pyga to make me a small Stage frame! :D

Yeti ASR C frame going for around R37k, S-Works frame for around R50k. Yeti lighter than the S-Works. Don't think that's a bad deal!

I only saw complete bikes all around the 100k mark. They were extremely pretty.

What happened to the BMT-Specialized relationship? I see they're pushing Trek bikes now. Nothing against one or the other, but I find this strange since the non-Spec-concept-store in Stellenbosch was the goto place for the Specialized pro athletes.

We could start a thread of all the stores who've been despecialized. it's adding up now.

Archived