Bikefit vs Cyclefit

JJDT

I need to take my son for a proper bike fit. Came accross Bikefit while searching for cyclefit.

Which company offers the best bang for buck (Did not see the pricing of bikefit on their website)?

Thanks

Don't know anything about Bikefit at all, but I do know Cyclefit and imho I don't think you can go wrong. 

They have a structure of pricing and the all the guys are experienced riders with a wealth of knowledge and hands on experience/guidance.

Accompanied a few people to setups with them. 

Bioracermotion and Retul are also worth a consideration, largely depends on the people doing the setup though.

Don't know anything about Bikefit at all, but I do know Cyclefit and imho I don't think you can go wrong. 

They have a structure of pricing and the all the guys are experienced riders with a wealth of knowledge and hands on experience/guidance.

Accompanied a few people to setups with them. 

Bioracermotion and Retul are also worth a consideration, largely depends on the people doing the setup though.

Also agree about Cyclefit. Great bunch of guys and a very professional operation!

I have used bikefit and was suitably impressed - it made a big difference to both me and a number of mates who have also gone to them.  He spends a lot of time on cleat placement and other 'strange' issues as well which all contribute to the correct fitment. I am sure Cyclefit are also good, but can only comment on bikefit. Don't be in too much of a rush as he is a fountain  of knowledge and is happy to share!

I've never heard of BikeFit to be honest, but have been to Cycle Fit at least half a douzen times and they are brilliant. Pretty much every top local pro uses them, so that sums it up I guess.

I have been for fitting recently and disappointed when not enough detail is taken into previous position information offered as well as the flexibility and angles of the body.  Allot of money is being charged for what i feel is a general bike fit.  More consideration needs to be taken into cleat position.  Any body know of somebody who has a KEO Fit System in the Jhb area?

Can't knock bikefit as I have not used them but cycle fit is money well spent. I promise you , you will be glad you spend the 695 bucks. Great guys, great service and they explain everything they do and why they doing it.

I have been for fitting recently and disappointed when not enough detail is taken into previous position information offered as well as the flexibility and angles of the body.  Allot of money is being charged for what i feel is a general bike fit.  More consideration needs to be taken into cleat position.  Any body know of somebody who has a KEO Fit System in the Jhb area?

I went to Cyclefit, and they recommended a specific saddle as I was quite flexible in the hips. They also adjusted my cleats (first thing they did was take them off the shoes), and then adjusted the tension in my pedals to prevent my knee from moving sideways while pedaling. 

Not sure if they do the KEO Fit System, but Cyclefit was definitely money well worth spent. Sorted out my knee, neck and shoulder pain quickly.

I have been to cycle fit for a tandem setup, which can be tricky with the different geometry especially at the back and I was happy. I'll definitely go back for a checkup, especially as I believe they now have a store a bit closer to me. Being from the east rand it was a long trip out to their original shop.

For me it comes down to who does fitting as their core business and not as an add on. Cyclefit are the only guys that I know of. I have been to them twice and I have walked away happy. Richard has even answered emails a month later and gave some suggestions on what I could try.