Ironman 70.3 East London 2016

fanievb

Stayed in blue lagoon hotel twice, no issues with staying there.  just leave early enough

Bit of a trek to the start but not a bad option.

lots of bnb's in bunkers hill which is right above the race start. Most of them get filled with ironman athletes.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done 3 going to be missing 2016,need a Dec holiday. My advice to the novices. Bike, bike and bike some more. The time for error on the bike leg is tiny. No point saving your legs for the run if you get cut at the end of the bike leg. Statistically one of the 3 most difficult 70.3 outings. The Durban event nowhere in comparison. But best of luck to all of Those who are going to brave EL.

Bit of a trek to the start but not a bad option.

lots of bnb's in bunkers hill which is right above the race start. Most of them get filled with ironman athletes.

Gonubie pappie, best views.

Drinks at the hotel on Friday. Breakfast at the pancake house Saturday

And if all goes well Basil Read should be finished with the road by then

Slightly off topic.  Is it true that the Durban 70.3 is a no go in 2016?  Hope this rumour isn't true.

Website show "2016" Date "To Be Determined", and registration to be opening soon. So doesn't look to be cancelled.

Edited by ScottC-M

Gonubie pappie, best views.

Drinks at the hotel on Friday. Breakfast at the pancake house Saturday

And if all goes well Basil Read should be finished with the road by then

Bwahahaha!! dude we have all been thinking that about BR for the last 3 years at least.

Im a Gonubie boy and always will be, even if I dont live there anymore.

Hopefully dont need to scrape anyone off one of the car eating circles.

Slightly off topic.  Is it true that the Durban 70.3 is a no go in 2016?  Hope this rumour isn't true.

I seriously hope not, was planning on doing Durban 2016 and then EL 2017.

I seriously hope not, was planning on doing Durban 2016 and then EL 2017.

rumour has it they trying to negotiate better support from the City before they commit 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Info Guide is out 

http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/south-africa/athletes/athlete-info-guide.aspx#axzz3uNBCilzP

ROVING INFORMATION ASSISTANTS

If your family and friends would like to find out more information on your whereabouts / progresses during the day, they can look out for volunteers dressed in "INFO"-branded clothing with iPad’s walking around in the IRONMAN Village.

Information on athlete’s progress will be updated regularly. Medical information and updates will also be available from them. Should an athlete need to be transported to hospital, the emergency contact (as per the information supplied on registration) will be informed:

Information pertaining as to which hospital the athlete has been transported to will be available from any of these roving information assistants.

Can someone please give advice on how to get old Ironman stickers off your seatpost? What is the best product to use to get rid of the residue?

Please excuse the slight hijack

Can someone please give advice on how to get old Ironman stickers off your seatpost? What is the best product to use to get rid of the residue?

Please excuse the slight hijack

lots of doom and elbow grease!!

Next time put sellotape on first then put the race number onto the sellotape, much easier to get the sellotape off, no sticking, no residue

lots of doom and elbow grease!!

Next time put sellotape on first then put the race number onto the sellotape, much easier to get the sellotape off, no sticking, no residue

Clever idea. Was not happy when the number took patches of  the clearcoat off my seatpost.

So how's everyone's training going??

Training has gone really well this season, but I am starting to feel the aches and pains. Motivation is also a little lacking over the holiday season. I am actually looking forward to slowly start tapering down from next week. Edited by ADe