Continental Team status : UCI Policy

voetsek

To all the SA UCI Team MANAGERS:

What is the UCI Policy regarding Continental Team status?

1) Should all riders in the team have a signed contract?

2) What is the issues regarding riders (without contracts) on a Continantal Team and their sponsers

3) Is CSA responsible to see that all South African teams with Continantal Status, should have all paperwork up to date, (maybe a copy off each rider's contract) at CSA Offices?

4) Does CSA have to confirm with UCI that all documentation is in order with SA riders?

5)  Can CSA permit a team's " continental team status" to be approved by UCI if there are no contracts with riders on that team.

voetsek2008-04-09 07:32:53

UCI isn't going to register a team if alll the affairs aren't in  order......

whats there? 3 sa teams with UCI status? MTN, HOP, KM?

toevallig hoor ek ook nou dat omdat die hierdie ryers nie kontrakte het, hulle ook laat weet is dat hulle salarisse met 30% gesny word.

Rock... You'll be surprised. ... Wait the story will surfuce with all the facts.

As I have said to riders in the past - "Make sure you have a valid contract between you and the team management".  I personally don't believe riders should rely on the contracts that are lodged with Cycling SA.  They should have their own contracts with with the team in which pay is clearly stipulated, as well as all their benefits as well as all their obligations.

Nothing can be left to chance.  It is your work.  I know of a few riders who have not followed up on my advice in the past and have ended up at the short end of the stick.

UCI isn't going to register a team if alll the affairs aren't in  order......

whats there? 3 sa teams with UCI status? MTN' date=' HOP, KM?

[/quote']

and neotel!

but look out for 2009 at least one or 2 more teams upgrading to continental, especially if giro del capo get 2.1 Ranking and with worldsview in place
Racing Hart2008-04-09 09:51:52

Doubt there is a minimum wage in SA. The UCI minimum is only for Pro-Conti and Pro-Tour teams.

Conti minimum wages are set up by the national federation as far as I know. I was told that it is quite high in France, where as in Italy and Switzerland quite a lot of Conti riders pay some things themselves, depending on what crappy team they got themselves into.

Please tell more about this Giro upgrade and more conti teams!!!

just a hunge/rumour.. Got no facts though.. but the giro leans to both sides! its deffnitely good enough to be a 2.1, but the problem is that none of the club teams with then be able to compete...so its catch22 unfortenately

Common spill the beans......

Must say that I am looking forward to Worlds view in 2009, if this year was anything to go by... awesone racing.

Just dont tell me John Robertson has something to do with this matter? Know he cut some of his riders salaries last year?

for young wannabe pro's get yourself a business manager before signing anything.