UCI DH World Champs 2015

Stretch

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two members of the Lapierre gravity team namely Loris and Loic were the only two to take that line as far as I could see.

That line after carnage corner ramp... Superb!!

I really want to see another angle of Gwinns bush dive. Feel like we all got cheated out of a spectacular moment. Surely theres go pro footage or something.

Fair enough

Nico my reason as such for disliking Gwin today was very similar to Stretch's view regarding wanting Bruni to score his first win and the threat that a good run by Gwin represented. That said I also am not overly fond of his misrepresentation of the Christian faith. It comes across as being beyond arrogant and disrespectful not only of other Christian Athletes but also athletes of other religious persuasion.

I really want to see another angle of Gwinns bush dive. Feel like we all got cheated out of a spectacular moment. Surely theres go pro footage or something.

hahah buying that farm was a thing of beauty.

Can't give enough props to Loic. Took a deserving world champ to beat Greg ;) and hotdamn did that boy deserve a win. Then to do so on the biggest stage is just incredible.

hahah buying that farm was a thing of beauty.

Can't give enough props to Loic. Took a deserving world champ to beat Greg ;) and hotdamn did that boy deserve a win. Then to do so on the biggest stage is just incredible.

100%

And what a day to get your first top flight win!

Top moment though... Rat klapping him on the Arse, then screwing around with him until he said (I'm assuming now) "You fkn won it, mate, you won it you cheeky c###!"

Greg is die OU! Greg And Peaty have set the bar very high. Not just on competing, but as competitors. They have earned their RESPECT.

I have never in my life been so involved in a sporting event emotionally as today. Seeing greg throwing it down, with only Bruni being able to pick it up when it mattered most...absolutely spectacular.

Well done to both of them.

As for liking or disliking of people that we only see a sliver of every couple of weeks... A bit weird to make character or judgement calls off the cuff like that. But I guess that's what forums are for, and everyone has the entitlement of an opinion.

I have never in my life been so involved in a sporting event emotionally as today. Seeing greg throwing it down, with only Bruni being able to pick it up when it mattered most...absolutely spectacular.

Well done to both of them.

As for liking or disliking of people that we only see a sliver of every couple of weeks... A bit weird to make character or judgement calls off the cuff like that. But I guess that's what forums are for, and everyone has the entitlement of an opinion.

For the record. I actually have nothing against Gwinn. He's a spectacular athlete and seeing him lay it all on the line and come short only proves just how close to the edge these guys ride. My brother and I were discussing that Gwinn would either win or wipe out and it seems the he chose the latter. He's clearly not the sort to come in 10th. I take no pleasure in watching him fail but seeing that he is human just proves how much he's risking when he throws himself down the hill. A better angle would have helped to also see just what he did wrong.

So glad I watched the replay before visiting this thread!

How exciting was those last 20 runs, just loved Greg's excellent run (and jump into the crowd)! And Bruni got his well deserved win at last!

Was also good to see the other competitors, especially the other three South Africans.

Bruni to get the jersey(karma owes him)

Greg to podium

Brosnan to podium

Gwin to see his koek....

Agree with cap below...

3 out of 4....not bad.

Particularly pleased about my Gwin call.... 

I'm just bleak that that is the season over

http://www.businessblogshub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/crying-baby.jpg

Archived