Seeding - PPA

IceCreamMan

I want to know, for interest sake. "how do they decide what beta value to give or how much to adjust the winners time by". The thumb suck seems to be the most honest answer posted so far :)

Agree - one of the big mysteries of life right up there with the Loch Ness monster...

Often doesn't make sense

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SA Seeding is just miles better at...well everything than PPA. 

Lucky for you stay in Gauteng, you do not have to have any interaction with PPA then. :whistling:

The UCI must somehow be involved hey

So confusing

Even the categories have shifted

B is no longer, eg, ending at 13 index

According to their website you must first pay before you can see your results or anybody else results. :thumbdown:

Why?

On Saseeding you can see all the results and seeding without paying except for your board :thumbup:

What is the difference.  DOWN THEIR is always :whistling: . ​

If I am wrong informed me because I am lost otherwise. Money???

According to their website you must first pay before you can see your results or anybody else results. :thumbdown:

I pretty certain you are wrong...

But even though the seeding system is probably a bit flawed, in the long run if you do enough races you will end up in the right group. If you only do 1 or 2 races a year the chances are that that your seeding is a bit whacked..

In theory this makes sense, but if you live in Durban and want to ride the CTCT, then you could be stuffed. First seeding event carries a 6 point penalty by the time CTCT comes around, so question why this is even a seeding event when the minimum penalty is so high. That leaves you one shot, the Shova and pray you have a great day and don't puncture cause that can easily send you back 4-5 start groups. The BETA has never worked in my favour for CTCT seeding. Always costs me a few start groups.

In theory this makes sense, but if you live in Durban and want to ride the CTCT, then you could be stuffed. First seeding event carries a 6 point penalty by the time CTCT comes around, so question why this is even a seeding event when the minimum penalty is so high. That leaves you one shot, the Shova and pray you have a great day and don't puncture cause that can easily send you back 4-5 start groups. The BETA has never worked in my favour for CTCT seeding. Always costs me a few start groups.

You can always come up to JHB and do the 94.7 to help with your seeding.

Why?

On Saseeding you can see all the results and seeding without paying except for your board :thumbup:

What is the difference.  DOWN THEIR is always :whistling: . ​

I have pasted the link to all racetec results, you can EFT R150 admin fee. :P

http://results.racetec.co.za/results.aspx?R=1&

You didn't even need to buy a board, just an admin fee :P

You must take your PPA office by the horns and wrestle them to offer more events

With their big new offices for more staff, I hope they use them to put on more events. 

Was not impressed by my visit there yesterday, I have had better experiences with saddle sores.

With their big new offices for more staff, I hope they use them to put on more events. 

Was not impressed by my visit there yesterday, I have had better experiences with saddle sores.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I went in there this morning to fetch my number and the woman was really rude. I almost asked her if she was having a bad day.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I went in there this morning to fetch my number and the woman was really rude. I almost asked her if she was having a bad day.

I'm sure a "friendly" e-mail to their boss will be in order :mellow:

Archived