Niner is back and online

News bot

If asking a wholesaler about their model where the model is portrayed as being more consumer friendly compared to other options, but doesn't appear to actually be is trolling, then cool, I'll be that guy.

I'm not oblivious to the realities that the ZAR is poked, NINER is a more niche brand and just plain more expensive.

What I don't understand is how going direct to Niner makes more (monetary) sense than going to a LBS and buying a different brand for a similar price with better / similar specs.  The whole point of going direct is to cut out the costs added by retailers.

So comparing the Niners to Spez bikes actually only proves that Spez is more economic, since their advertised prices are what you pay in a shop.

Ag nee, Nico man, did you have to do that?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whahhahaha I actually took the post serious till that part...

Good troll 

It was in response to someone comparing the prices to Spez, so really.  But it's ok Rouxtjie, I get it. You don't like Specialized. How original.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by NicoBoshoff

Ag nee, Nico man, did you have to do that?

Johann ek sien jy is van Prince Albert.  Was vroeër die jaar daar en het die trail op daai kopie gery.  Is daar meer riding om te doen in die omtes (wat nie grondpad is nie).  Was nogal lekker stukkie trail daai.

Johann ek sien jy is van Prince Albert.  Was vroeër die jaar daar en het die trail op daai kopie gery.  Is daar meer riding om te doen in die omtes (wat nie grondpad is nie).  Was nogal lekker stukkie trail daai.

Nico, there's plenty of riding around here, but not much that a Specialized could handle.... ;)

Watter koppie? Die een naby die dorp of daai ene wat oorgaan na Oudtshoorn?

It was in response to someone comparing the prices to Spez, so really.  But it's ok Rouxtjie, I get it. You don't like Specialized. How original.

Edit: Spelling

Uhm, I have one....great brand

I don't like Gwin... :ph34r:

Nico, there's plenty of riding around here, but not much that a Specialized could handle.... ;)

Watter koppie? Die een naby die dorp of daai ene wat oorgaan na Oudtshoorn?

Haha, nee die klein een met die labyrinth op.  Lekker skaap spoortjies en stap spore.

Well now I'm just all kinds of confused.  You're a complex creature.  Maybe you just don't like me.

Lots of layers meneer....did you know I sing the pina colada song when I ride singletrack

***, I like you...seriously, good contributor, lots of banter

I DONT LIKE GWIN

Reading this thread is interesting, let me ask a question which may help answer a few posts regards price comparisons, and also because I'm curious.

When an importer receives a shipment does he receive complete bikes or a frame set with separate components as complete bikes are subject to duty and not bike parts?

Lots of layers meneer....did you know I sing the pina colada song when I ride singletrack

***, I like you...seriously, good contributor, lots of banter

I THINK GWIN IS SERIOUSLY MISUNDERSTOOD AND HAS BROUGHT A LEVEL OF PROFESSIONALISM TO THE SPORT LAST SEEN IN THE DAYS OF NICO VOUILLOZ. ON THE TOPIC OF NICO'S. THEY REALLY SEEM TO ALL BE AMAZING RIDERS AND GENERAL GREAT GUYS. 

There, fixed it.

Reading this thread is interesting, let me ask a question which may help answer a few posts regards price comparisons, and also because I'm curious.

When an importer receives a shipment does he receive complete bikes or a frame set with separate components as complete bikes are subject to duty and not bike parts?

Not a clue, but I have been in a shop where they get the box with all the parts in it awaiting assembly.  I suspect it's complete.

There, fixed it.

lol and there I thought you were going to give me kuk about the pina colada song

Ag ons is mos nie gister of vandag al op die wielnaaf nie...ons kan mos mekaar bietjie rev en na die tyd n bier saam drink...soos clubrugby  :thumbup: