Race for Victory seeding

26er

Was blown away by the BL group in the first 15km, but got picked up by a 2nd BL group. Two Cyclelab gents sat on the front with some help now and then.  Thanks to you both!

Yes it was tough as sh*t and I was slower than last year, but this was a great HTFU ride.

Organisation was great, specially enjoyed the drinks at end.

Lessons learnt (as said above), I'll back to give it some carrots!

Thanks to all.

I had exactly the same experience as you....and yes those two cycle lab chaps did a great job!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started in FL (was supposed to start in EL) and managed to get a whole of 5.87 km before I had multiple punctures at the rear. After the second puncture I had no more tubes and had lost the batch that started after me. I started walking back to the start and luckily was picked up by a safety car.

In a way I was quite happy as those first 5.87 km was hell with that wind.

After the early break that got away in AL the balance group settled into a sedentary pace, civilized enough to take a couple pics.

Was also in AL but since I'm not really a roadie found it a little 'untidy' at times (not unsafe though and that was cool!), I'm sure normal for you lot  :eek:

Had a good laugh when a few of us together just after the entrance to 'Suikers' (as the cool kids call it  :ph34r:  ) from out of nowhere this big oke with Vodafone red kit ups and rides away ... some chap quips 'after that long of doing no work he just F^&*ing leaves us' - I chased him down, he was German and had a quick chat auf Deutsch and then just kept riding hard as I could to the end on my own (he was anyway to strong for me)

After I finished and was walking to my car one of the organisers was saying some cars had been broken  into and they where rushing off to the area furthest from the start location. When I was leaving I did see a cop car there.

I was seriously worried about this happening as I parked on the road to avoid all the dust. Car was packed and ready for me to hit the road to Durban, with wallet, laptop and over 100k of camera equipment. Got to thank my lucky stars that it didn't happen to me.

After the early break that got away in AL the balance group settled into a sedentary pace, civilized enough to take a couple pics.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Next time give us some warning, my hair was a mess.

:clap:  :thumbup:

A friend managed to get in the elite break, 368w avg for 1h30m :eek:

Yeah, thats why he is the 2011, 2013, and 2015 African XCO Champion ;)

Yip ^_^  and still managed 6th. You should try hanging on to that wheel in a race. :blink:

I ran out of matches at 50km trying in vain to close the break in AL. Well done to the BestMed duo and 3 others that got away so early.

Even the second few guys stayed away from the 24km point.

A real seeding event for the Argus CTCT in many ways.

I was tempted to turn short just after the aerials T-junction, but then realized this weekend was perfect training for our Durban Tour next month. A good 263km for the weekend.

Nice to also meet Prozac and Cas_1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice meeting you G ! 

I am so glad to see that i was not suffering alone ..

Cl start was cold too, so i was snug like a bloody snowman (needless to say i baked nicely an hour later)

Start pace 1st 4km was 16km/h ... anyway 2 guys jump off the front, one lekke dik so i bridge like hell to get a piece of that breakaway ... get to the intersection :  They go straight (NON RACERS ) !!   :cursing:   I'm left in no mans land already , I sit up and wait for the snail pacing bunch instead .

Guy in AL number, light blue kit and Myself pace up a bit at the front ... next intersection marshalls have the flags straight up so we fly past thanking them ... but as luck has it we were supposed to turn right ... deep sigh

Turn around and quickly chase back but by then i was already nakked , Bunch was really twitchy with several near misses and i decide to go to the front to suffer that instead of a crash 

Bunch split before the 25km climb and i struggled to get over with them... took about 10km before i latched on again , very few turns helping out and bailed 

eventually came in with the main bunch at a 3h23 (16th place shocker) 

I had some great laughs and chats and teeth rattled on rough stretches .. Thanks to all that contributed towards making the day in Hell something to smile about 

I ran out of matches at 50km trying in vain to close the break in AL. Well done to the BestMed duo and 3 others that got away so early.

Even the second few guys stayed away from the 24km point.

A real seeding event for the Argus CTCT in many ways.

I was tempted to turn short just after the aerials T-junction, but then realized this weekend was perfect training for our Durban Tour next month. A good 263km for the weekend.

Nice to also meet Prozac and Cas_1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to meet you to Gerald and thanks for the race pack. Was in same boat in trying to chase leading AL bunch. To make it worst started to cramp badly and blew a spoke buckling back wheel a bit. So tough day out but can only go better!! Luckily there's always my trusty MTB which is my comfort zone!!

Sounds like most of us suffered for one reason or another. But then again that's we do & enjoy as cyclist's ????

Why else would we put ourselves through this ????

Sounds like most of us suffered for one reason or another. But then again that's we do & enjoy as cyclist's

Why else would we put ourselves through this

the only thing I enjoyed yesterday was the last 500m...

... anyway 2 guys jump off the front, one lekke dik so i bridge like hell to get a piece of that breakaway ... get to the intersection :  They go straight (NON RACERS ) !!   :cursing:  

.................Turn around and quickly chase back but by then i was already nakked , Bunch was really twitchy with several near misses and i decide to go to the front to suffer that instead of a crash 

Entertaining post esp latching on to non-racers.

Just a bit worried about the nice dick and naked.

Well done everyone, That was seriously tough. The tandem racing was hot and the wind just made it brutal. Seedings should be interesting for this one.

After I finished and was walking to my car one of the organisers was saying some cars had been broken  into and they where rushing off to the area furthest from the start location. When I was leaving I did see a cop car there.

I noticed an auntie standing next to her car with the back window smashed. This was at the end of the sand road on the way out of the parking area.

Shame man, I hope they didn't scale anything of value to the tannie. She looked quite distraught.

Archived