Race for Victory seeding

26er

1hill with the huge beard. Does he still hang out here, or has he gone full hippie trail runner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It wasn't 1Hill but rather Peter Parker (is his alias here).

Looks like 1Hill prefers to trail running now.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I was in this group up Walkerville hill. One Activize rider, the Germiston Wheelers chap with the large beard. There was one guy with ESMERO kit with us for a while.

I hid in the group as much as possible until my second wind with about 20km to go, where I took a few pulls at the front.

By this time there was not much of a group left.

I was on the Black Sworks with light blue top & socks(need to match)

Finished 3:01

I'm glad you found a place to hide ;)

While some of us were trying to close the gap on the 2 breakaway groups. Having so many BestMed and Activize guys in the group didn't help - not enough help chase their team mates down.

BTW, if you match your gear to your bike, then we won't see you... #stealth [emoji16]

Sounds like most of us suffered for one reason or another. But then again that's we do & enjoy as cyclist's

Why else would we put ourselves through this

Pikey, I did a nice easy pace MTB ride stopped at the lido to watch the groups fly past, went up to the EYE had a dik breakfast then went home.

that was a good sunday ride..

Pikey, I did a nice easy pace MTB ride stopped at the lido to watch the groups fly past, went up to the EYE had a dik breakfast then went home.

that was a good sunday ride..

breakfast at the eye of Africa ? Really,that's cool. I like that idea.

I'm glad you found a place to hide ;)

While some of us were trying to close the gap on the 2 breakaway groups. Having so many BestMed and Activize guys in the group didn't help - not enough help chase their team mates down.

BTW, if you match your gear to your bike, then we won't see you... #stealth [emoji16]

Were you in the chase group after the first 4 odd that got off the front?

I was in the 2nd chase group.  We managed to see the first chase group up to just after the circus on the other side, then they vanished.

I was expecting to be induced into the WHEELSUCKERS hall of fame, until I got my second wind and redeemed myself to some degree.

Unfortunately the second chase group blew up towards the end if the results are anything to go by.

Just my top & socks matched.  The bike is matt black, so it is already #stealth :ph34r:

Were you in the chase group after the first 4 odd that got off the front?

I was in the 2nd chase group. We managed to see the first chase group up to just after the circus on the other side, then they vanished.

I was expecting to be induced into the WHEELSUCKERS hall of fame, until I got my second wind and redeemed myself to some degree.

Unfortunately the second chase group blew up towards the end if the results are anything to go by.

Just my top & socks matched. The bike is matt black, so it is already #stealth :ph34r:

I was in the same group as you, until just before the Circus. There was no way I was going to ride in the gutter (on the far right hand side of the road) and dodge oncoming traffic. I probably would've dropped off just after the second water point anyway because I burnt all my matches up to the halfway point.

I was in red GW kit (on a Ritchey) - the same kit as the 4 other club mates in that group

I was in the same group as you, until just before the Circus. There was no way I was going to ride in the gutter (on the far right hand side of the road) and dodge oncoming traffic. I probably would've dropped off just after the second water point anyway because I burnt all my matches up to the halfway point.

I was in red GW kit (on a Ritchey) - the same kit as the 4 other club mates in that group

I have been dropped every year up Walkerville hill, and was determined not to get dropped this year.  I was done for by the top and only just missed the 1st chase group.

The wind meant that there was never a breather.  I just worked my way up near the front of the group, and hid.

The Wilro last 30km will be easy in comparison.

Is this walkerville hill the section which 'seems' flat and we had a tailwind with?

yes, and yes

different race clearly ????????????

At 32.8km/h, I guess it can be considered "flat"

Edit: I see the KOM is at 38km/h - almost a downhill

not an uphill with a tail Wind ? ????????

At 32.8km/h, I guess it can be considered "flat"

Edit: I see the KOM is at 38km/h - almost a downhill

At 268W average for the 8 min climb, that nearly killed me, I am not sure it is all that flat.

At 268W average for the 8 min climb, that nearly killed me, I am not sure it is all that flat.

i was 289 watts ave ... urghhhh ( Not flat at all ) , curse you he peoples of minimal weight

different race clearly

Lol, I nearly died. Didn't have any legs for the last 35km, I was completely blown..

I actually suffer more keeping up with groups on flat sections..

Interesting few articles I read about this so called inertia and pedalling style..

Doesn't necessarily mean a light weight person will be stronger uphill..

Pedalling style/motion of energy has alot to do with what type of riding a person is better at..

Archived