Hero Adventure - Cradle MTB Trail

ByronH

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notmyname

Has anyone done the cradle loop and included hobby park? Where is the best place to park for an adventure like this?

Hmmm.. I spose you could park at hobby, domthe 40kms. Then head down the gulley at the back of silverstar, through the culvert at silverstar hit right to get to the garage, cross the major intersection, right at the next culvert then on to muldersdrift, then it's the drag on the tar to get to the cradle section. Not my fav type of ride thinking about it.

I would rather park at avianto, ride avianto, then onto the cradle strip, then either complete the loop past valverde, or slab it back to avianto.

I would rather park at avianto, ride avianto, then onto the cradle strip, then either complete the loop past valverde, or slab it back to avianto.

Yes. This.

• 2 years later...

Its been a while.. who is now responsible for the maintenance on these trails?

I'd guess it's still Hero Adventure? I see their signs are out at the moment as they're busy extending the trail along the Beyers section and down the hill to the school.  

I'd guess it's still Hero Adventure? I see their signs are out at the moment as they're busy extending the trail along the Beyers section and down the hill to the school.  

I think that is part of the new cradle mtb loop extension from the M5 circle down beyers and right back to kloofzicht..................

I think that is part of the new cradle mtb loop extension from the M5 circle down beyers and right back to kloofzicht..................

Agreed. Presumably if Hero are doing the extension, they are also responsible for maintenance of the existing Cradle MTB trail?

Some info on the Cradle MTB loop

For a bit more information, the N3 Gateway Tourism Association, in partnership with Terra Firma Trail Solutions (Glenn Harrison) and CESBE (Pty) Ltd, has been awarded the contract by the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site Management Authority to build a 14km mountain bike trail within the road reserve of the D374 and D101. This is an extension of the existing 18km Cradle Gateway-2-Gateway mountain bike trail, and the end result will be a full circular loop.

The project kicked off at the end of 2017, and is estimated to reach completion at the end of April 2018 (latest). As mentioned in the earlier posts, the trail is visible and people have started to ride it - but here is where we need to ask politely that riders stay off the trail until it is completed. We know this will be difficult as enthusiasm levels are high, but it is a health and safety requirement, and any kind of accident could result in the project being delayed.

By the end of this week yellow signs will start appearing on the trail, as well as barricades and danger tape, asking riders to please stay off the incomplete trail. If you could please respect these measures and perhaps share with your friends and riding associates who may be heading out to check out the new trails, that would be appreciated.

If you have any questions regarding the Cradle Trail project, please feel free to contact Matthew Drew on matthewd@n3gateway.com

• 2 months later...

Has anybody else encountered motorcyclist on the Cradle Mtb loop ? Today at 10.35 just opposite Cradle Moon 2 guys on Touring bikes were riding in the opposite direction to what cyclists have to ride. This is the 2nd time I have seen bikes using the trails. Any suggestions on what can be done?

Has anybody else encountered motorcyclist on the Cradle Mtb loop ? Today at 10.35 just opposite Cradle Moon 2 guys on Touring bikes were riding in the opposite direction to what cyclists have to ride. This is the 2nd time I have seen bikes using the trails. Any suggestions on what can be done?

[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's going to hurt someone one day. wtf is wrong with some people???

:cursing: