Hero Adventure - Cradle MTB Trail

ByronH

Excited for this! So glad to see they are being rewarded with this project, and these Mickey Mouses can truly turn the Cradle MTB Trail into something special with their bucket and spades (in the words of Heia Safari)...  :clap:

"Hero Adventure are proud to announce that we have been appointed the official Trail maintenance and development company for the Cradle Trail , in the Cradle of Humankind Gauteng . After months of planning and negotiations our team are on site and work has commenced . We are basically starting from scratch and over the next few months hope to improve this amazing trail into something really special . Updates and info will be regular and we look forward to saying hi to all Hero Supporters on the trails"

They have a facebook page up and running - https://www.facebook.com/HeroAdventureCradleTrail

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news for Hero!

Wonder what the limits are in terms of what can be done with the trail. Can they extend, build new sections, add obstacles, etc?

Know they'll make a success of it. 

Guest notmyname

I'm sure they will be negotiating with the surrounding land owners. My question is how do they benefit financially from this. Maybe Mogale city is funding?

That trail coupled with Heia is already a fun morning out. Looking forward to more development around it!

I'm sure they will be negotiating with the surrounding land owners. My question is how do they benefit financially from this. Maybe Mogale city is funding?

I think its Gauteng Tourism...?

Guest notmyname

That trail coupled with Heia is already a fun morning out. Looking forward to more development around it!

I hope you're not supporting heia man.

I hope you're not supporting heia man.

As in Hero Adventure Park @ Heia Safari?

I know there has been some issues there of late but I was assuming that was with the adjoining land owners. Haven't been there since March though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from a ride round the Cradle and saw a HAP crew at work on the MTB trail over by the Rhino & Lion park. Looked very professional with cautionary road signs out, branded with Hero logo, and much activity. The exact antithesis of mickey mouse in fact......

Archived