Nissan Trailseeker #4 Hakahana

corriekuilder

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeding's out, moan's out.

I'd be very reluctant to judge a rider's capabilities purely by their SASeeding.

You have to do many of the right races if you want to improve your seeding. If you ever only race AND WIN little plattelandse kermis marathon races your index will be 40 at best.

So the Poffadder champ gets to start in E batch.

My, I'm glad I'm just riding this as a training ride. It's going to be fantastic training for patience and frustration management.

Now with that out of the way. Bring on Saturday and  some awesome MTB trails

You are right, dont judge a rider by their seedings. Thanks to Sani my seeding (for a woman) jumped to 33. I am actually more like a 40. So I start in Ladies A batch but I always finish last  :oops:

You are right, dont judge a rider by their seedings. Thanks to Sani my seeding (for a woman) jumped to 33. I am actually more like a 40. So I start in Ladies A batch but I always finish last  :oops:

In my experience you'll generally find that the Saseeding index would be rather lower (higher index) than higher (lower index) than the riders ability. So my guess is that you are a 33 because your partner pushed you a bit in Sani you raced closer to your potential but you might be more comfortable at 40 when riding on your own. I think that the Ladies A batch is simply a collection of the best 50 lady riders with quite a deference between the index between 1 and 50.

As for the Pofadder kermis race giving you a better index there is a weighting used by Saseeding that addresses this as well as the field quality of the race. I am yet to see a good result in Babbas Lodge improve my seeding but an average performance in races like Sani or Berg & Bush or even the Trailseekers does have more of an impact.

Anyway the proof is always in the pudding and if this F batch rider catches you on Saturday your index is definitely overstated!

Enjoy the race.

60 km and 752 m

There is a massive difference between 750 and 1270 elevation:

Ascent: 61km - 1270m / 31km - 520m / 18km - 180m / 10km - 100m

There is a massive difference between 750 and 1270 elevation: Ascent: 61km - 1270m / 31km - 520m / 18km - 180m / 10km - 100m

This is exactly what I was concerned about as well! Please Wessel need to know

I hope it's 1270m ascent. Love climbing.  :whistling:

I meant the total distance is 60km and 752 m  :ph34r:

if we are climbing 1270 m then I guess its 60km plus 752 plus 1270m up - not great at mafs is that right or dont you add the up to the total 

Even beter would be a race distance of 752m with 61000m of climbing!

Probably only when you're strapped to a rocket  :whistling:

Until we hear otherwise, I believe the marathon will be 61km distance  and 1270m ascent as stated on the trailseeker website

Archived