Deloitte to become a Gold Sponsor of Africa’s Cycling Team

News bot

Cycling is about passion, commitment, and teamwork. It’s about having the confidence to take on challenges. And it is about knowing that there are people around to rely on. Put all that together and it’s easy to see why Deloitte Consulting LLP has become a key sponsor of Ryder Cycling. Ryder Cycling owns and manages the current Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung team soon to be called Team Dimension Data in 2016, Africa’s only UCI Professional Continental Cycling Team.

Click here to view the article

Impressed, two quality sponsors, seems like Doug Ryder has made significant inroads into the corporate world by signing up these two, both are global concerns if one regards Dimension Data as part of the NTT Group of Japan.

There was a concern that with the loss of MTN the upward trajectory might take a dip, if anything it seems these two associations increase the weight of the team in a global sense.

(as an aside check out the vascularity of Teklahamainot and how were those Eritrean fans in Richmond yesterday, soon there will be a corner of them on Alp du heuz to rival the Dutch in noise)

Out of interest sake, what does a "gold sponsor" mean?

I wasn't aware of different sponsorship levels, except for title sponsorship.

Who will supply the bikes?

Cervelo or Specialized?

Interesting question. Cervelo have announced that they will be title sponsor of ladies team Bigla and I am not sure how long cav's endorsement agreemen with Specialized is for?

"gold" sponsorship is just a 2nd tier sponsor who has bought space on the teas kit. They will be providing financial backing compared to an equipment supplier who will either sell the team its racing hardware at factory price or donate it free in exchange for exposure of technical development requirements that said manufacturer may have.

DD is the title sponsor so they will cover operating costs of the team and salaries

Who will supply the bikes?

Cervelo or Specialized?

They will be the Cervelo R6 with the new Rotor electronic groupset.Enve wheels and cockpit