bib preference?

eccc whippet

i got a Craft Bib from " One day only " for 500 ronds and it is fantastic...will def buy another or 2 if they come up again

the Craft bibs are ok but cause that cameltoe effect :eek:  with low padding....everthing poking out....bad design

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the Craft bibs are ok but cause that cameltoe effect :eek:  with low padding....everthing poking out....bad design

That they do, they are super comfy though so Im still happy with mine.

Okay my Vermarc's arrived and I am very very impressed. Easily Assos quality in terms of build quality and finish. The chamois is thick but not as thick as the Assos Cento chamois but it is firmer/denser. The only niggle I have is the thin shoulder straps which might get slightly uncomfortable on the longer rides.

I am going to put some pics up when I get a gap. Plan to spin with them this week and then test on the weekend. I will keep you updated.

The medium is very snug but that is how I like them.

Okay my Vermarc's arrived and I am very very impressed. Easily Assos quality in terms of build quality and finish. The chamois is thick but not as thick as the Assos Cento chamois but it is firmer/denser. The only niggle I have is the thin shoulder straps which might get slightly uncomfortable on the longer rides.

I am going to put some pics up when I get a gap. Plan to spin with them this week and then test on the weekend. I will keep you updated.

Please use the bib class system and put the vermarcs where you think it should be so we can understand

Please use the bib class system and put the vermarcs where you think it should be so we can understand

Most of my bibs are Santini. Very solid brand. I have one pair of Assos. They really are special for those long days but lots of people ride bicycles that cost a quarter of what Assos bibs cost.

The more you ride the harder you get it seems so the shorts don't seem to matter as much. Well that's my feeling anyway. Make sure the saddle is the correct width for your sit bones. That sorts out most issues. Oh and pedal. If you sit there like a lump while gently waving your legs around your bum will hurt.

Dear baaisikilist,

Probably not the right place to debate this (sorry for the hijack)...but this sounds wrong. Ofcourse bibs are personal and everyone has a preference but this is by far the worst feedback ever - Ftech's philosophy is to only use the best, padding, lycra and other materials money can buy...all made in Italy by extremely experienced people. The Elastic Technology padding used is the same that Assos uses, etc. please can I ask you to send your Ftech bib to us to have a look (or let us know which model it was) - we would love nothing more than to at least try and convince you otherwise ? Please mail Lizle@asgworld.co.za if you want us to have a look.

I had the same opinion but the new F-Techs with the grippers on the inside of the leg to prevent it riding up are fantastic! 

It's the chamois that killed me.

At Epic 2013 (yes, that fateful Epic), because i was sponsored the entry, I felt compelled to thank said sponsor by wearing the kit I was supplied, and nothing else. By stage 5, I had developed a chafe, in an area that one does not speak of.

The problem with the chamois is that it folds right down the centre, with separate padding on either side, as opposed to one layer over the entire chamois.

That fold sends the chamois right up the exit.

I've never been the same since, and often cry myself to sleep.

Thank you for your willingness to change my brand perception though Lizle, I do appreciate it.

I have however moved on to a different custom/corporate kit supplier that I won't soon change from.

GSG is now my preferred brand.

Vermarc PR.R (Pro Racing Research) definitely in class1...

Anybody have experience of the Nalini Agnocasto Bibs?

Don't kow the specific model but Nalini is a respected brand.  :thumbup:

The top of range First Ascent and Cape Storm bibs generally get good reviews. (not that I have any experience with either)

Assos will obviously feature but comes at a premium.

Craft seems to offer good value and seems to be on special often.

Other European brands (Santini, Nalini etc) are all equally good and equally pricey.

Unfortunately bib comfort is never gauranteed no matter what the brand.

The premium you pay for Assos is R700 over that of First Ascent top of the range - I have bought two First Ascent products, both have started to open on the seems after only 2 rides, not worth the R1500, gave one away, returned the other, went Assos, dropped the extra R700 and have never looked back.

Personal experience, not true for everyone, but think some brands do trump others.

I just got myself a pair of Nalini bib shorts and bring an avid Assos owner, I was a bit hesitant in the start as the chamois just didn't seem to be thick enough to start and looks like a pretty standard chamois however after riding in them for 80 odd km's... They're a great buy! No issues at all with them and priced exceptionally well

I rode CPT 10 days ago .Two 7h and 5h days  ,one 6h day ,  and one 3h30 day .Wore assos for all except one day that i wore a craft bib .The craft day i remember  trying to find a comfortable spot on the saddle .The other day,s just went by without any issues .