[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how you always tell yourself "ag I don't care if I don't get one, I've done it before", but then you kinda crap yourself of nerves before they make the announcement? Well that was me today..

I was fortunate enough to get an entry. Going for number 12 next year!

Edited by Hayseed

The entry process seems a lot less euphoric/chaotic with this process. That's judging by the Hub comments. Usually everyone was falling over their feet to enter by now, complaining about the site crashing and this and the other problems.

Seems the new process solves this haphazard, almost disorganised, rushed first come first served problem. Seems far more organised with only one negative comment so far (from the unfortunate ones).

New system has done it's job I think.

I am confused.  When to lottery process opened, I entered my son and myself together in one entry basket.

Yesterday my son got the yes e-mail, but not me (I got no e-mail at all, but on our PPA profiles both me and my son share the same e-mail address).  Yet, if I click on the link to pay, it still offers me the option to add another person. Does this mean I can add myself to my sons entry?

:huh:

Edited by Moridin

Very happy to have got one. First for me, and 3 of the four of my riding group has also got. Hoping the 4th guys comes too.

Received my "unfortunately .. ." email yesterday. Training for the DC, so was super stoked to do the CTCT. Now ... Oh well. Sigh.

I am confused.  When to lottery process opened, I entered my son and myself together in one entry basket.

Yesterday my son got the yes e-mail, but not me (I got no e-mail at all, but on our PPA profiles both me and my son share the same e-mail address).  Yet, if I click on the link to pay, it still offers me the option to add another person. Does this mean I can add myself to my sons entry?

:huh:

Had the same problem Grandson got in and me not! This is in contradiction to thier info under FAQ on thier website. I even phoned them after registering to check and was told no problem. One in and one out is no use at all!!!!!!1

1. How do I submit a family entry application?

If you’re riding tandem or would just like to ride with family, you will be able to enter their name(s) when you submit your entry application (limited to 10 names per application). Their entry will then be “tied” to yours – i.e. if you secure an entry, they will automatically also receive an entry, and if you are unsuccessful, they will be too. Please note that a person can only be registered once, and if you choose to add someone’s name to yours, they won’t be able to make a separate entry application.

Edited by joevan

The entry process seems a lot less euphoric/chaotic with this process. That's judging by the Hub comments. Usually everyone was falling over their feet to enter by now, complaining about the site crashing and this and the other problems.Seems the new process solves this haphazard, almost disorganised, rushed first come first served problem. Seems far more organised with only one negative comment so far (from the unfortunate ones).New system has done it's job I think.

Its just very suspicious that all the unsuccesful entries are in Cape Town, haven't seen one non-local that didn't get in.

I still haven't received either a successful entry email or an unsuccessful email. Anybody know if im going to get one at all?

Its just very suspicious that all the unsuccesful entries are in Cape Town, haven't seen one non-local that didn't get in.

Eish. These conspiracy theories. :ph34r:

Well spotted though. :thumbup: