I agree, NQ was lucky not to have lost more. But it irks me a bit that the team did not do anything at all to chase, or protect NQ. It looked as if they were sitting in and hoping for the best. That and now the complaining afterwards.

How much can a team of 7 climbers and 1 skinny tall oke keep him safe during a stage like yesterday... bad team selection is their downfall... they just don't learn.[emoji53]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my lightie who is almost 8 months old has watched majority of the tour so far and he loves it( :clap: he doesn't have a choice). As I am a massive SAGAN fan like Gen when he broke away my adrenaline just went bos. So just after they attacked he was due to go down for his last nap before he gets dinner(usually only about 30min). I told him he had to stay up and watch this because it was going to be epic and the little guy stuck it out with me, He was glued to the TV(TBH he just looks at the tv no matter what is on) Then after they pulled off that amazing victory and interviews where done and so on I put the little guy down for a nap. Shame he must have been confused because then he slept for almost 3 hours and ended up having dinner after 21h00. TDF is making me a bad parent.

So my lightie who is almost 8 months old has watched majority of the tour so far and he loves it( :clap: he doesn't have a choice). As I am a massive SAGAN fan like Gen when he broke away my adrenaline just went bos. So just after they attacked he was due to go down for his last nap before he gets dinner(usually only about 30min). I told him he had to stay up and watch this because it was going to be epic and the little guy stuck it out with me, He was glued to the TV(TBH he just looks at the tv no matter what is on) Then after they pulled off that amazing victory and interviews where done and so on I put the little guy down for a nap. Shame he must have been confused because then he slept for almost 3 hours and ended up having dinner after 21h00. TDF is making me a bad parent.

Lol

NO it's making you a brilliant parent.. teaching passion from a young age[emoji106]

I went so boss during the world champs last year that I actually woke my kids up.. and they just knew Sagan was doing something magical ..they came running to the lounge to watch Sagan take it..and then went back to sleep lol

Lol

NO it's making you a brilliant parent.. teaching passion from a young age[emoji106]

I went so boss during the world champs last year that I actually woke my kids up.. and they just knew Sagan was doing something magical ..they came running to the lounge to watch Sagan take it..and then went back to sleep lol

LOL yeah same here. Woke my wife up. Back then my wife was still pregnant so I guess that means I woke Dylan up as well.

Indeed they are..

If you look at Yates, he has been quite aggressive too

He had attacked the bunch when the inflatable collapsed right in front of him he had a gap on the rest - bad luck that.. and he also showed aggression the other day on that last climb. :clap:

He took it on the chin... And kept going.

Nobody is mentioning it, but in Doug Ryders interview on Supercycling, he said that there is space in DDD for Louis if he wants to return next year. He in fact said that he would love to get Impey in the team also, so that they all can be together again.

Not possible for DI to return, as he has just signed a 2 year contract on another team, but with Lampré's demise, Maincheese might just return home.  :whistling:

Nobody is mentioning it, but in Doug Ryders interview on Supercycling, he said that there is space in DDD for Louis if he wants to return next year. He in fact said that he would love to get Impey in the team also, so that they all can be together again.

I like the way things are developing, could work out nicely in the long run. MainCheese and Impey learn from riding in different teams in Europe, come back to the SA team and we then Clap Them big time! Much like young rugby laaities that go play a couple of years in France and come back much more rounded players. 

Meanwhile DD is getting the wins and exposure to ensure proper sponsorship for the team, thus enough money to keep someone like Main Cheese for the long term and have the firepower around him to compete for the GC.

Edit:Spelling

It is just crazy to think that a team like Lampré cannot support him when he needs it. 

Showed my wife yesterday, all the GC contenders teams are around them all the time, but with Lampré they are spread all around the peleton, nowhere near Louis.

It is just crazy to think that a team like Lampré cannot support him when he needs it. 

Showed my wife yesterday, all the GC contenders teams are around them all the time, but with Lampré they are spread all around the peleton, nowhere near Louis.

I have many opinions on it.. one of which is .. WAS Robbie Hunter actually looking out for Meintjes best interest when he negotiated the deal with Lampre?  And was one of the big selling points having a Saffa as a DS part of the sweet talk.

as with a lot of teams.. a lot of riders have 1 year contracts.. and are looking to make a move.. therefore a lot of riders from lots of teams are only looking out for themselves.

He is young there is time, he is learning so so much atm.

They may have the same approach ad DD.. look at every stage and decide who they will work for.  I think it was a lot easier said than done being organised out there yesterday.  unless your team was right up there, you would have issues.. the road is only so wide and only the very best were at the front... again.. they may just not have riders good enough and enough big guys to be able to be up at the front.

OK so here's how things look for today's stage in terms of the wind.

Forecasts vary, but looks to be a NNW between 30 - 40 km/h (gusts to 50 km/h).

I've added arrows to today's route to show how things look for the riders.

If we thought yesterday was tough with the wind, I reckon today is worse. Simply because they'll be a lot more exposed to the crosswinds for much longer periods compared to yesterday, which was a twisty course that changed direction all the time.

post-22004-0-18634900-1468485118_thumb.jpg

OK so here's how things look for today's stage in terms of the wind.

Forecasts vary, but looks to be a NNW between 30 - 40 km/h (gusts to 50 km/h).

I've added arrows to today's route to show how things look for the riders.

If we thought yesterday was tough with the wind, I reckon today is worse. Simply because they'll be a lot more exposed to the crosswinds for much longer periods compared to yesterday, which was a twisty course that changed direction all the time.

I feel for the riders.. but hell as a viewer.. it is going to be insane to watch

Take a look at how the wind will affect the climb up Ventoux.

Pretty much a block headwind all the way up the finale. 

It's going to be almost impossible for a lone attacker to get away and stay away today. It's going to be all about the big GC teams taking their man up as far as possible and then launching a sprint in the final kay or so.

I think that block headwind is going to nullify the threat of Ventoux, to be honest.

On the other hand, anyone dangling off the back of the lead group will disappear and never be seen again if they let even a tiny gap open.

Take a look at how the wind will affect the climb up Ventoux.

Pretty much a block headwind all the way up the finale.

It's going to be almost impossible for a lone attacker to get away and stay away today. It's going to be all about the big GC teams taking their man up as far as possible and then launching a sprint in the final kay or so.

I think that block headwind is going to nullify the threat of Ventoux, to be honest.

On the other hand, anyone dangling off the back of the lead group will disappear and never be seen again if they let even a tiny gap open.

Ja I reckon so too.

It's going to be all about the road getting to Ventoux if any GC guys have issues today. It will he game over.

We saw yesterday that in a blink of an eye you can find yourself 50sec behind.. and the wind is apparently stronger today.

Let's watch what Etixx can do for Dan-The-Man today.

What tinkoff can do for majka and his polka-dot ambition and if they can get Roman to improve his standing.

Ja I reckon so too.

It's going to be all about the road getting to Ventoux if any GC guys have issues today. It will he game over.

We saw yesterday that in a blink of an eye you can find yourself 50sec behind.. and the wind is apparently stronger today.

Let's watch what Etixx can do for Dan-The-Man today.

What tinkoff can do for majka and his polka-dot ambition and if they can get Roman to improve his standing.

Whatever happens may it just be exciting. And if the green Jersey pulls the yellow over the line today, I will either be screaming at the TV in shock and awe, or be horrified at how slow Chris is going!

Archived