Simon Gerrans went down. Took some Sky riders down. Froome is OK. That group has slowed. Chase group catching them.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrans went down and some sky riders.?

Yes. Stannard OTB... And one other. Hooe they're all OK. Dammit.

Good for Louis though.

GERRANS AND TEAM SKY CRASH

Simon Gerrans has slipped at the front of the yellow jersey group. Three Team Sky riders have crashed behind him. Chris Froome has asked the rest of the group to slow down and he waits for his team-mates. Movistar takes the lead of the group but slowly.

who is in the break?

Bertjan Lindeman and Sep Vanmarcke (Lotto-Jumbo), Stef Clement (IAM), Serge Pauwels and Daniel Teklehaimanot (DiData), André Greipel and Thomas De Gendt (Lotto-Soudal), Bryan Coquard and Sylvain Chavanel (Direct Energie), Iljo Keisse (Etixx-Quick Step), Chris Anker Sørensen (Fortuneo-Vital Concept), Dani Navarro and Cyril Lemoine (Cofidis) are 35km before the finish at Chalet-Reynard with an advantage of 7.50 over the yellow jersey group. Diego Rosa is also reeled in.

Online tracking has Meintjies 50 odd seconds behind Quintana with Sagan Group more than a minute behind meintjies.

No I don't think that's 100% accurate.

Yes. Stannard OTB... And one other. Hooe they're all OK. Dammit.

Good for Louis though.

And good for a lot of other riders too

GERRANS AND TEAM SKY CRASH
Simon Gerrans has slipped at the front of the yellow jersey group. Three Team Sky riders have crashed behind him. Chris Froome has asked the rest of the group to slow down and he waits for his team-mates. Movistar takes the lead of the group but slowly.

Thank goodness, Allowed Meintjies to get back and allowed the break to build up time again.

GERRANS WAS AT 56.3KM/H

Simon Gerrans was riding at 56.3km/h when he crashed while the wind was blowing at 45km/h with gusts at 53km/h, according to Dimension Data.

Gerrans went down very hard and very suddenly. Wind may have been a factor.

took the corner too quickly and front wheel turned in and slipped away, very much like a motor bike crash.. Stannard had no where to go, ran in to him and OTB

took the corner too quickly and front wheel turned in and slipped away, very much like a motor bike crash.. Stannard had no where to go, ran in to him and OTB

I'm not convinced of that. Front wheel seemed to wash out very quickly but you could be right.

White green and yellow all together but the polka-dot is still a bit behind

They're only giving PhilPaul 22km of commentary today.

The faster they ride the less of Phil we get

Archived