[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Will numbers be available for collection on the day?

Workday and weekend day bosses have different opinions about trekking over Jhb than what I have.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Workday and weekend day bosses have different opinions about trekking over Jhb than what I have.

Gerald.

Maybe when you guys speak to the marshals, tell them the rule must be enforced. So if they see a rider on the right hand side, drive up and force them over. Semi-politely. ;)

Thus not kakking the poor gutter huggers out too much yet still be firm with regards to keeping left. :thumbup:

Thank you.

Hi spinnekop. Did you ride last week Ride 4 sight?

Yes you can collect on Sunday.

From 5:00 at the hospitality area.

Allow 30 mins extra plus the suggested 1 hour before your start time.

I spoke to a few bike marshals after the Ride for Sight, and their immediate comment was that (some) cyclists would tell them to F*** off, when asked to move back left.

Everyone will be told at the start to keep left and listen to the bike marshals. They are there to help keep the cyclists "safe".

Ignorant cyclists have been warned and will be DQ'd, if need be. That's the commissaires job though.

Hope it doesn't come to that.

Number collection at the Bicycle Company in Centurion a breeze!  Took more time to walk from car to the shop than the actual collection .  The mountain bikers will have a fun ride in IL!

Great when my number collection (TDF) forms part of my usual training route. CL batch but will start in EL. 

Great when my number collection (TDF) forms part of my usual training route. CL batch but will start in EL. 

Please discribe in detail what bike you will be riding(Clour & Make) and kit so I know which wheel to suck the hell out of(I am also in EL)....

I am 2 for 0 with rides and punctures and thus been 20 to 30 mintues off the pace I should have been(I lost 20 minutes at Logistics fast one due to two slow punctures & I lost 30 minutes at R4sight due to a flat rear tire and then a faulty valve on my spare tube).

I have officially decided that if i get another flat/puncture this weekend my road riding for the year is over and I will not enter another ride as I landed up pulling a group of IL toppies last weekend and none of then wanted to help in the last 36km of the R4Sight & the cost of Tubes is getting out of hand......

Please discribe in detail what bike you will be riding(Clour & Make) and kit so I know which wheel to suck the hell out of(I am also in EL)....

I am 2 for 0 with rides and punctures and thus been 20 to 30 mintues off the pace I should have been(I lost 20 minutes at Logistics fast one due to two slow punctures & I lost 30 minutes at R4sight due to a flat rear tire and then a faulty valve on my spare tube).

I have officially decided that if i get another flat/puncture this weekend my road riding for the year is over and I will not enter another ride as I landed up pulling a group of IL toppies last weekend and none of then wanted to help in the last 36km of the R4Sight & the cost of Tubes is getting out of hand......

Put some tire liners in  :ph34r:  :whistling:

Put some tire liners in  :ph34r:  :whistling:

First time in 3 years that this has happened to me.... Maybe time to change the tires???

Cool except for wheel sucking part, that's my specialty. :whistling:

White/black Specialized bike, kit will be grey/black Cannondale top. 

Don't let your bad luck regards puncture's rub off on me.  :lol:

Archived