The I-Team

tombeej

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timing for such esteemed groups as ourselves....is from gun to finish mat isn't it? ie the start mat doesn't start the clock but rather logs you onto the course even though your time started when the gun went off???

tombeej, you need to update the first post in this thread to move Fat Boab from the 'undecided' group ;)

Now to just guilt help the rest to make the decision to join us - ok, except Hayley, she has a valid reason to be undecided for now.

tombeej, you need to update the first post in this thread to move Fat Boab from the 'undecided' group ;)

Now to just guilt help the rest to make the decision to join us - ok, except Hayley, she has a valid reason to be undecided for now.

Done :)

Well after yesterdays slight disappointing outing, count me in.

No where near good enough for the C group IMO...

I think a sub 3 is on the cards though (with a group effort)... For everybody involved... :clap:

post-6252-0-71467500-1446363898_thumb.png

Edited by StevieL

I think a sub 3 is on the cards though (with a group effort)... For everybody involved... :clap:

attachicon.gifIMG_4766.PNG

Ooohh do you also stay in Linden? 

Would have loved to do that rode with you (sometime maybe)... 

Ooohh do you also stay in Linden? 

Would have loved to do that rode with you (sometime maybe)... 

Anytime.

More often than not, I ride solo, so any company is always welcome... :thumbup:

attachicon.gifIMG_4766.PNG

Interesting definition of disappointing, +30 kph av through traffic.... But I'm sure the I-Team will appreciate your talents! 

Please ensure you ride with a brightly coloured rear tyre..... :whistling:

Timing for such esteemed groups as ourselves....is from gun to finish mat isn't it? ie the start mat doesn't start the clock but rather logs you onto the course even though your time started when the gun went off???

Yes, Your result time will be gun to mat. And with 94.7 the groups are larger than most events, so in my opinion, there is a real advantage to getting to the start early so that you can start near the front of the group.

Yes, Your result time will be gun to mat. And with 94.7 the groups are larger than most events, so in my opinion, there is a real advantage to getting to the start early so that you can start near the front of the group.

Ta muchly, Gary. That's what I thought happened last year, when I missed my target by less than a minute due to starting my Garmin from mat-to-mat. One live's and learns....hopefully!

So I-Team, I suppose we have 2 options, meet well ahead of time, at Scott's rendezvous and go into the pen together either a. v early to be near the front, or b. last group into the pen? The latter would allow us to catch all late-comers - a very real occurrence based on last year's traffic - and start together but we'd lose a minute or two from gun to finish mat?

Thoughts?

Ta muchly, Gary. That's what I thought happened last year, when I missed my target by less than a minute due to starting my Garmin from mat-to-mat. One live's and learns....hopefully!

So I-Team, I suppose we have 2 options, meet well ahead of time, at Scott's rendezvous and go into the pen together either a. v early to be near the front, or b. last group into the pen? The latter would allow us to catch all late-comers - a very real occurrence based on last year's traffic - and start together but we'd lose a minute or two from gun to finish mat?

Thoughts?

Near the front of the group. No question.

Negotiating the bulk of I group traffic would be time consuming and dangerous...

Edited by StevieL

Near the front of the group. No question.

Negotiating the bulk of I group traffic would be time consuming and dangerous...

Yip. We get there very early so we can meet up beforehand, then into the front of the batch pen.

Yip. We get there very early so we can meet up beforehand, then into the front of the batch pen.

Best start setting those alarm clocks now.....

Best start setting those alarm clocks now.....

Dont you ride during the week before work? 

Since I started that my normal wake up time on ride days are 4am and 5am on other days... Doubt you'll need to make it earlier than 'normal'. 

Earlier is always better than later... Well maybe it is just because I'm "Germatic about time" (or so they say) 

Dont you ride during the week before work? 

Since I started that my normal wake up time on ride days are 4am and 5am on other days... Doubt you'll need to make it earlier than 'normal'. 

Earlier is always better than later... Well maybe it is just because I'm "Germatic about time" (or so they say) 

Better to be an hour early than a minute late.