The I-Team

tombeej

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they know I am not the guy doing the number collection?

if you collect the other guys number and then do not do a reseed, you will have to race as that guy and he will get a registered time for the 94.7 and not you.

Really depends if you want a time registered in his name or yours?

On another note, Worst case scenario of course.......should you happen to have an accident, be unconscious then the only way they will be able to get medical info and contact details will be from the race number and what is recorded on the system.... so if it is not you and the other guy... it could cause complications if they start giving you drugs that you are allergic to, or a blood transfusion with with the wrong blood group.......

I really like the idea using cable ties on the helmet. That way we can do it at home and while making our way to the "rendezvous" we can easily identify anyone else doing likewise.

For those whom don't have cable ties let me know and i will bring some with the stickers

This makes life easy to spot a hubber at the meeting point if you already have a cable tie sticking up out of your helmet

Thanks Gary

Clearly doing the wrong thing is not going to pay off - will have to hope they consider the SAS Mtb seeding then

Further to my comment on only a time-penalty if you start ahead of your official start-time, looks like they've firmed up on that too:

"A cyclist may not start in a group with a better seeding, but may move down to a slower group without being penalised. Cyclists starting ahead of their official start group will be disqualified. No protest will be entertained in this regard." Part of rule 7.

Good luck with the reseeding....

Will also confirm for sure whether or not I am definitely in, after this weekends (penultimate) endurance training ride.

In all likelihood, I will drop back, as this sounds like more of a "fun" ride than what I would be in for trying to hold the coattails of C group.

Will give it a bash as well. It will be a first ever if successful. PB sits at 3:28 for this race last year. The drag up The Wilds and the last 10k's is what got me vloeking myself. Good luck everyone. 

if you collect the other guys number and then do not do a reseed, you will have to race as that guy and he will get a registered time for the 94.7 and not you.

Really depends if you want a time registered in his name or yours?

On another note, Worst case scenario of course.......should you happen to have an accident, be unconscious then the only way they will be able to get medical info and contact details will be from the race number and what is recorded on the system.... so if it is not you and the other guy... it could cause complications if they start giving you drugs that you are allergic to, or a blood transfusion with with the wrong blood group.......

The original entrant would not get an official time unless he rides with their chip too.

I'd just ask to be seeded in the group I wanted, it'll be so close to start time so my gut feeling is they may just go with the request.

The original entrant would not get an official time unless he rides with their chip too.

I'd just ask to be seeded in the group I wanted, it'll be so close to start time so my gut feeling is they may just go with the request.

you are correct  :)

If I have this right we are going to try and get as many people over the line in sub three as we can?

That would be great. I really need to work on my seeding. Going backwards at the moment.

If I have this right we are going to try and get as many people over the line in sub three as we can?

That would be great. I really need to work on my seeding. Going backwards at the moment.

My hope is that we'll all work together well enough in the first 70 km that most of us are there-and-thereabouts on the 3 hr pace by the time we reach Witkoppen.

The more we work together, with the stronger riders doing the long pulls in the pace line, the fresher everyone will be for the finale.

Witkoppen is where I expect the group to start fracturing. That climb will tell us who's still up for 3 hrs.

The ones who've had enough will make their own way home at their pace. I'm certain that with the help of the large bunch in the first 70 km, they should beat their original target times comfortably.

For those who are still up for the 3 hr target, I hope to be there to help with pacing over those last climbs.

Don't forget to take photos

You really want to join us don't you?

Its ok we will keep a place for you ;)

My hope is that we'll all work together well enough in the first 70 km that most of us are there-and-thereabouts on the 3 hr pace by the time we reach Witkoppen.

Bud, what do you think the target time would be for the 70km point?

If we look at the split time calculator is says in the region on 2H12.

On Strava there is a segment called "947 race on to finish" which is the last 22km covering the 5 hills. Add your last years time to the 2:12 and see how close you are to 3hours.

Edited by ScottC-M