Bikes by Cycleart - contact details on page 1

Cruxpearl

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannondale CAAD7 Spider - After, have to say, this one came out rather nice!!!

http://www.tcsn.co.za/downloads/CAAD7Spider.jpg

Guest colonel

CRUX: The one frame you have redone 3 or 4 times, would that not make the frame weaker atall? I am thinking that to re-spray it you have to take "X" amount of paint and stuff off to get the frame raw. All the stress from applying., rmeoving etc would not make the frame weak? Or do they treat it with something?

no man ...shucks .. now its like reaaaaalllll pressure !!

rats rats rats ...

damn fine work I might add

CRUX: The one frame you have redone 3 or 4 times' date=' would that not make the frame weaker atall? I am thinking that to re-spray it you have to take "X" amount of paint and stuff off to get the frame raw. All the stress from applying.' date=' rmeoving etc would not make the frame weak? Or do they treat it with something?[/quote'']

This is a very good question.Do they simply spray over exsisting paint or how do they clean the carbon.
Colonel, the Bikes that were done three times were all Aluminum frames, no problem to strip the paint off, primer & repaint them.

Carbon Frames gets sanded down (elbow grease) then painted, and I think there is no problem with that either, just don't put paint stripper on Carbon, but CycleArt is careful about that, and it's sand paper & Elbow grease...