Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Not going to get many devices for 4k!... when garmin are 8k or more

Garmins Vivofit HR + is around the 4k range.  I LOVE mine.  Can use it for running, cycling, open water swimming and even used it to my surf the other day

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

que? The "up to 75%" discount over 24 months is limited to R4k on products which previously had no extra discount associated with them - exactly the gripe that has been levelled at Vitality since they started the Apple Watch benefit. 

Granted the 4k is a little (very) low, but the use of SW (an existing partner) and giving an additional 50% over 24 months is more than what was available previously... 

Essentially, you can get up to R3k back on a fitness device (garmin / polar etc) at SW, over 24 months. 

It would be absolutely fantastic if they did it the same way as the Apple Watch benefit though, and gave an up front rebate on the cost of the device up to R x, and then funded it over 24 months. IMO that's still the best one of the lot. 

I never took any interest in this, but now with the revised rewards, my interest has piqued! 

So help me with the maths here - Device costs R4k. I pay R4k and get reimbursed R3k over 24 months if and only if I achieve my goals every week? 

I never took any interest in this, but now with the revised rewards, my interest has piqued! 

So help me with the maths here - Device costs R4k. I pay R4k and get reimbursed R3k over 24 months if and only if I achieve my goals every week? 

you pay 4k (or more) and get up to 25% (R1k) back a month later (HealthyGear rewards) and an extra 50% (2k) over 24 months (GearBooster rewards)

que? The "up to 75%" discount over 24 months is limited to R4k on products which previously had no extra discount associated with them - exactly the gripe that has been levelled at Vitality since they started the Apple Watch benefit. 

Granted the 4k is a little (very) low, but the use of SW (an existing partner) and giving an additional 50% over 24 months is more than what was available previously... 

Essentially, you can get up to R3k back on a fitness device (garmin / polar etc) at SW, over 24 months. 

It would be absolutely fantastic if they did it the same way as the Apple Watch benefit though, and gave an up front rebate on the cost of the device up to R x, and then funded it over 24 months. IMO that's still the best one of the lot. 

Yes. There is all of that.

But SW prices are quite high to start with, and what I wanted or might be interested in is more than R4k.

To be honest, what I really want is a Samsung watch (as opposed to the Apple watch).

I realise that I am a minority in that regard...

less stressful to shop where and when you want using a discovery credit card, rack up the discovery miles (especially if shopping at a 10x partner), then buy the device using the discovery miles and not have to worry about hitting goals to get reimbursed.

Garmins Vivofit HR + is around the 4k range.  I LOVE mine.  Can use it for running, cycling, open water swimming and even used it to my surf the other day

Surf's up DUDE!

Yes. There is all of that.

But SW prices are quite high to start with, and what I wanted or might be interested in is more than R4k.

To be honest, what I really want is a Samsung watch (as opposed to the Apple watch).

I realise that I am a minority in that regard...

yeah, agreed...

Will the device booster only allow for wearable devices or will it allow for bike computers as well?

Wouldn't mind a Polar V650 or Garmin Edge 520. 

AFAIK bike computers as well. 

But I've just checked. SW pricing minus the max 3k discount is still more expensive than Momentum's online store with a Platinum level multiply discount on the likes of the Fenix & Edge 1000. 

Not sure of 520 etc, but you'll probably find that it starts getting more or less equivalent around the 8 / 9k device cost mark (at SW)

I think the 4k limit is more aimed for the general public (park/run) to buy an activity tracker wearable (aka fitbit/Garmin vivo's/tomtom) and not really aimed at the more serious who want all the metrics and data analysis.

If I have to ever upgrade/replace my Fenix 3 and go the device booster route

• Firstly would bite the bullet knowing that SW is more expensive.
  • Will make sure have built up enough discovery miles on my CC to buy it, so is not costing me anything
  • Then hit the goals to get the 3K cash back

Technically then Discovery paid for the device and Vitality are giving me cash back :)

I think the 4k limit is more aimed for the general public (park/run) to buy an activity tracker wearable (aka fitbit/Garmin vivo's/tomtom) and not really aimed at the more serious who want all the metrics and data analysis.

If I have to ever upgrade/replace my Fenix 3 and go the device booster route

• Firstly would bite the bullet knowing that SW is more expensive.
  • Will make sure have built up enough discovery miles on my CC to buy it, so is not costing me anything
  • Then hit the goals to get the 3K cash back

Technically then Discovery paid for the device and Vitality are giving me cash back :)

This would be first prize. 

This would be first prize. 

It is what am currently doing with flights and flight booster... book flight with disco miles, book well enough in advance that I can get max cash back with flight booster (35% diamond plus hitting weekly goals prior to flying to max out cash back)  :ph34r:

6 months left for me on both the Apple Watch and Shoe Booster, with zero payments on the watch, so far. One happy week wife as she only had to pay the activation fee. Also received cash back, every month, for the shoe booster, so should only cost me the 10% I lost for not having done the Vitality Fitness Assessment.

I have two Garmin devices that will be used by me until they break, and then I'll happily pay the upgrade fee for their replacement policy. Having not done this in three years, I have to assume Garmin (Navworld) still provide this service?

I'm not someone that has to have the latest and greatest device, so this Gear Booster might not be for me. Not sure I want to commit to 36 months on the Bike Reward (if it is happening) either - I hate credit, having unnecessary debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else getting this error when selecting a reward? 

"Error: Failed to choose reward"

https://ibb.co/j28tdk

Been an issue since the app upgrade. Have tried the usual fixes like deleting and re-downloading the app but the issue persists. 

6 vouchers I can't use now :(

Edited by wolver

Anyone else getting this error when selecting a reward?

"Error: Failed to choose reward"

https://ibb.co/j28tdk

Been an issue since the app upgrade. Have tried the usual fixes like deleting and re-downloading the app but the issue persists.

6 vouchers I can't use now :(

Today is the first time I’m claiming rewards since the app upgrade. No problem for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk