Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I see they are also increasing flight and fuel discounts..well if the twitter thread I read is correct...

Correct. Introducing Vitality Money and statuses tied to financial responsibility and such. Just off to a meeting quick but will post all details when I'm back at my desk.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flight 35 --> 70

Looking for the other increases cos they're not in the marketing pack. Should have taken pics.

Flights 35% -> 75%

HealthyFood 25% -> 75%

Petrol 50% -> 70%

Pharmacy & Sports 30% -> 50%

Gym 75% -> 100%

A virtual me/myself/I resides in the USA, and gets to see the adverts on Hulu... one of which is a bank that is changing the way they do business. They operate out of a coffee shop in one advert, and offer stuff that the traditional brick wall banks can’t.

I’m really hoping we see a similar thing in SA, Disco or not, where they offer excellent rates, and virtual services (online).

Okay. Small gap, so will condense the bank stuff as best I can until my client arrives.

Bank is entirely digital (no branches)

Low fees

All Disco Card clients can opt in immediately upon launch (March)

Instant payment to any bank (truly instant, not like Standard bank's "instant" payment that can take 4 hours) for R5 (pay per transaction offering) or NOTHING (bundled transactional account)

Pay anyone whose contact details you have, who is also a disco client, simply by selecting the contact in-app from your contacts list. To be rolled out to non-disco clients as well so you can pay ANYONE in your contact list even if they're not on the Disco system

4 card levels (like normal)

Rolling out airport lounges and shared lounge access agreements from 2019

Interest rates tied to your Vitality Money status. Higher status = lower lending rate, higher savings rate.

Vitality Money status tied to "financial health" = responsible handling of money. Will dive into that later.

Additional up front discount on Life policies (increases on premium tied to spend on card a la Card Integrator)

FREE IPHONE XR for all bank clients. Done the same way as the watch, but no activation fee.

Both CC and Transactional account.

Global credit limits

Garmin / Samsung / Apple pay integration

That's what I can remember off the top of my head. More to come, and clarification, later.

Edited by Cptmayhem

Any mention of fees yet?

Not explicitly. 2 options, either pay per transaction (said to be "lowest in the market") or a "bundled fee" which is "market related" and I presume tiered according to the card you're on. IE cheoaer for the lower level card cos it gives you fewer benefits.

A virtual me/myself/I resides in the USA, and gets to see the adverts on Hulu... one of which is a bank that is changing the way they do business. They operate out of a coffee shop in one advert, and offer stuff that the traditional brick wall banks can’t.

I’m really hoping we see a similar thing in SA, Disco or not, where they offer excellent rates, and virtual services (online).

I have to say, I am personally excited for this. Getting rid of branches and **** call centers and having an entirely online / mobile user interface is great.

Okay. Small gap, so will condense the bank stuff as best I can until my client arrives.

Low fees

Instant payment to any bank (truly instant, not like Standard bank's "instant" payment that can take 4 hours) for R5 (pay per transaction offering) or NOTHING (bundled transactional account)

Pay anyone whose contact details you have, who is also a disco client, simply by selecting the contact in-app from your contacts list. To be rolled out to non-disco clients as well so you can pay ANYONE in your contact list even if they're not on the Disco system

Interest rates tied to your Vitality Money status. Higher status = lower lending rate, higher savings rate.

Vitality Money status tied to "financial health" = responsible handling of money. Will dive into that later.

Additional up front discount on Life policies (increases on premium tied to spend on card a la Card Integrator)

FREE IPHONE XR for all bank clients. Done the same way as the watch, but no activation fee.

Global credit limits

That's what I can remember off the top of my head. More to come, and clarification, later.

Market changer..!!

Low fees

Global credit limits

Thanks Myles... a few things that I like. Can’t wait

Thanks Myles... a few things that I like. Can’t wait

For sure..all the other loyalty programs will have to have a serious rethink of how they do business.

Wonder if they addressed opening accounts for minors..great way to get the youngsters working on healthy living/spending etc.

Edited by Gen

For sure..all the otherbloyalty programs will have to have a serious rethink of how they do business.

Wonder if they addressed opening accounts for minors..great way to get the youngsters working on healthy living/spending etc.

yep. Cos they know who their "families" are, you can open accounts for your kids as well