Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Or use tapiriik to link endomondo to any of the apps that will automatically sync to discovery awards

This is going to be the best solution. I like Endomondo and this is the only way I can link it.

:thumbup:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be the best solution. I like Endomondo and this is the only way I can link it.

:thumbup:

Cool, if you get a bluetooth footpod you can link to your phone and record distance on the treadmill, here what DC Rainmaker says about the adidas and Polar pods http://www.dcrainmaker.com/tag/foot-pod

Maybe put an ad in the classifieds to see if you can pick one up cheaply ;)

Edited by shaper

Cool, if you get a bluetooth footpod you can link to your phone and record distance on the treadmill, here what DC Rainmaker says about the adidas and Polar pods http://www.dcrainmaker.com/tag/foot-pod

Maybe put an ad in the classifieds to see if you can pick one up cheaply ;)

I was hoping that the treadmills at our VA would have their cloud something sorted out (cant remember what the name is ) but they said they are not going to connect the treadmills at my club to the internet

And Iphone 5 dont have NFC to link to it - so ill have to get that footpod. shot

I'd like to here feedback from someone that has gone all-in with vitality... just on how rewarding they find it...

I'm on Diamond.  Savings that I use the most are on travelling.

For instance I'm about to book tickets with Emirates to Chicago - normal price is R14200 and I'll be getting it for R9400.

To get to gold is very easy imho, I don't really do anything out of the ordinary except for the health check which I had to make a 15 minute appointment for and then drive to it.

I'm on Diamond.  Savings that I use the most are on travelling.

For instance I'm about to book tickets with Emirates to Chicago - normal price is R14200 and I'll be getting it for R9400.

To get to gold is very easy imho, I don't really do anything out of the ordinary except for the health check which I had to make a 15 minute appointment for and then drive to it.

Also, if they do pick something up at the health check, better to know earlier than later. So a worth while morning spent

I was hoping that the treadmills at our VA would have their cloud something sorted out (cant remember what the name is ) but they said they are not going to connect the treadmills at my club to the internet

And Iphone 5 dont have NFC to link to it - so ill have to get that footpod. shot

I see the polar footpod is not cheap, but at least if you have a sportsmans warehouse health vitality card you will be able to get 25% off

I'd like to here feedback from someone that has gone all-in with vitality... just on how rewarding they find it...

It's really up to you how much you get from it. I know of people who are on gold yet can't be bothered to book their travel through the vitality portal to get the actual savings, then bleat about how it doesn't work for them....

If you want to get the most from the offering you have to be someone who is prepared to change some habits and figure out the ways you engage with the discovery solution to really reap the rewards. Neither of which are difficult and once you get a taste for what is available in savings you naturally start to engage better!

If you're on a family option you will need to get the buy in from your partner as you cannot get all the points required for gold on your own! (3 consecutive years on gold will give you diamond status. You maintain that by keeping your gold status year on year)

Oh to answer your specific question, for 2015 in travel rewards (6 return domestic flights), healthyfood paybacks, car rental discounts and movie discounts I have saved roughly 12K. I'll likely change my insurance to Disco come 2016 as the Vitality benefit has a considerable impact! Will also activate the dischem benefit and look into that more.

Edited by Tubehunter

I'm on Diamond. Savings that I use the most are on travelling.

Joined vit 1 nov. Hit gold in 1 month and 5 days...

In the last 2 months have gotten loads of value as a team vit member, apple watch, free smoothies, vit cycled bg shirt the various cash backs at dis hem, woolies and sportmqnawarwhouse etc

Some interesting results from Tuesday's workout. Normally I'd get 50+150 but this time I got a further 50+50 on top of the 50+150.

The weekend ride (on the 5th) was more intense, 6x the distance yet it only scored 50+150.

If 2016 is correct... in that a >100km ride gets 3000 points then this rewards thing will be a piece of cake.

post-1372-1449739692,7541.png

Just looked at my points rewards and also have similar :)

On 9 Dec did an hour spin (HIIT) and got 150+50+50+50

On 10 Dec did a 7km run and got 50+150+50

So have already hit my 1200 for the week  :clap:

Edited by shaper

I also had the weird extra 50+150 for yesterdays ride of just more than 1h(high intensity)

You get 150 for the ride and 50 bonus for heart rate being above 60%. Or you left the step tracker on and you got 50 points for doing 12000 steps

Also, news on the iWatch front, confirmed release date is the 2 March 2016. Will wait till then to take apple up on generous offer.

No.... Its not confirmed. Its all 3rd rate rumours... Until it has been published on apple's site it's not confirmed.