Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

You get 150 for the ride and 50 bonus for heart rate being above 60%. Or you left the step tracker on and you got 50 points for doing 12000 steps

Nope. See picturepost-56935-1449744741,0618.png

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just putting it out there

Ill be willing to pay for this...

Me too

Myles has been an invaluable source of info and even I understand Vitality better now

I'm planning to use Vitality more efficient to get the benefits. When will the guide for dummies be available.

As Latent Blue and I said we are willing to pay for it. Im sure other hubbers feel yhe same way.

Myles I suggest you consider sending it to hubbers via pm who are willing to pay for such guide.

It is after all your time and professional expertise.

In the wake of the Nene sacking please remember we will pay in rands! !!!! LOL

Edited by Bloukrans

And sorry, guys - been manic today. Got a deadline for an assignment for a course that I'm doing at the moment, and, well.. yeah. 

Will get the Vitality For Dummies up as soon as I can. 

So I am trying to understand this...

So on the image below it says I've been to the gym twice (actually its 4 times, still waiting for the others...)

I understand they take a while to show, but why doesnt those two activities show in my rewards points total goal thing?

I phoned vitality about this yesterday and they did not help much... just said I must wait...

Am I now going to miss out on this weeks reward :blush: (even though I smashed my target of 150 if can point that out :clap: )

post-63067-0-57553800-1449809943_thumb.jpg

I checked my vitality app (as in Saag's post above)

And it shows nothing, niks, zero... (even Saturdays one - niks)

Edited by Latent_Blue

So I am trying to understand this...

So on the image below it says I've been to the gym twice (actually its 4 times, still waiting for the others...)

I understand they take a while to show, but why doesnt those two activities show in my rewards points total goal thing?

I phoned vitality about this yesterday and they did not help much... just said I must wait...

Am I now going to miss out on this weeks reward :blush: (even though I smashed my target of 150 if can point that out :clap: )

attachicon.gifvitality what.JPG

I checked my vitality app (as in Saag's post above)

And it shows nothing, niks, zero... (even Saturdays one - niks)

Sometimes it does lag a bit, and I have no idea why. Last week, it resulted in me missing my goal. It took a workout from the 3rd and then the 5th, but not my Friday night walk on the 4th... 

I'm on Diamond.  Savings that I use the most are on travelling.

For instance I'm about to book tickets with Emirates to Chicago - normal price is R14200 and I'll be getting it for R9400.

To get to gold is very easy imho, I don't really do anything out of the ordinary except for the health check which I had to make a 15 minute appointment for and then drive to it.

I have been on Diamond for a long time and have most of the Discovery Products. Here's a summary of my rewards for the last 12 months:

Discovery card cash back R3 515 

Miles earned 50 539 (value of R5 000)

Gym = free

Healthy food savings R1 800

Discovery insure cash back R8 400

Hotel savings R8 324 (one booking at 50% savings rate)

Life policy cash back in 2013 R57 611 (next payment due back in 2018)

Flights = various paid for by discovery miles and discounts. 

Active rewards = A couple of free smoothies AND a free apple watch!

Free movies for my kids and discounted for the adults.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other things.

As a worst case scenario I have received R27 039 in cash and incentives and thats ignoring a few of the items on the list above.

Edited by JoshK

Sometimes it does lag a bit, and I have no idea why. Last week, it resulted in me missing my goal. It took a workout from the 3rd and then the 5th, but not my Friday night walk on the 4th... 

This is my suspicious look:  :huh:

Wednesday came and went...no reward...was a bit bummed...checked my strava...had done rides last week...points reflected 0...yesterday i logged on again to check...there it was last week goals achieved...and 200 point towards this weeks goal :)

Some interesting results from Tuesday's workout. Normally I'd get 50+150 but this time I got a further 50+50 on top of the 50+150.

The weekend ride (on the 5th) was more intense, 6x the distance yet it only scored 50+150.

If 2016 is correct... in that a >100km ride gets 3000 points then this rewards thing will be a piece of cake.

Mine is doing the same thing. I've got 300 points for every workout this week. Looks like they introduced the calories bonus points but the system doesn't know about the cap at 200/workout. (This is the first week I'm getting calorie bonus so I'm assuming it's new)

I somtimes wish I didnt like sleep that much! I always feel like going for a run at 10pm

yeah, it's actually really cool. No one around. Blissfully quiet, and you can just go for it.