Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goal dropped but this week my points don't reflect and im still on 0...

they are sometimes delayed, so just keep going and they will come through.

I somehow ended up with 300 points yesterday from a 21km cycle,...

then 150 this morning from gym so this weeks 1000 is looking easy.

This has probably been discussed but I can't find any definitive answer on here or the Discovery website..

I know that the points change for 2016 on the vitality side and it looks a lot better. I want to know if that point structure is going to be the same for the rewards.. Like most of you I need to get 1200 points. That meens 6 days training at the moment. But I understand that if you do a 50+km ride you can get 1500 points.. Is this going to count toward you active rewards and is the max points still going to stay 1200 per week from Jan 2016?

Edited by Bassman

This has probably been discussed but I can't find any definitive answer on here or the Discovery website..

I know that the points change for 2016 on the vitality side and it looks a lot better. I want to know if that point structure is going to be the same for the rewards.. Like most of you I need to get 1200 points. That meens 6 days training at the moment. But I understand that if you do a 50+km ride you can get 1500 points.. Is this going to count toward you active rewards and is the max points still going to stay 1200 per week from Jan 2016?

Don't think its going to stay the same with it being soo much easier to get points, as you say 1x50km ride is 1500points... i'm sure they will still keep it challenging.

Don't think its going to stay the same with it being soo much easier to get points, as you say 1x50km ride is 1500points... i'm sure they will still keep it challenging.

It is. Soft cap of 1200 points is staying.

Remember, with a 50km ride each week you fall into their desired segment. They're trying to get their clients more engaged.

Remember, with a 50km ride each week you fall into their desired segment. They're trying to get their clients more engaged.

Jeez ok thanks. So i can say that this is going to be a walk in the park then.

Jeez ok thanks. So i can say that this is going to be a walk in the park then.

For us, yes. But we are their "ideal client" 

Remember - for one of us, there's 9 sedentary folk. That's who they are targeting with this, so that their health improves. 

This is good news.. 

So I played a round of golf this morning... 85bpm (ave HR), 125bpm (maxHR), 14km in 4:30. Will be interested to see the points gained for this excuse for getting out of bed.

It's no wonder the pro's have a dikwiel around their waists.

Edited by geraldm24

For us, yes. But we are their "ideal client" 

Remember - for one of us, there's 9 sedentary folk. That's who they are targeting with this, so that their health improves. 

for sure. But its going to take a lot more to get these folks onto the fitness buzz. Anyway 1x Apple watch coming my way for free.

So I played a round of golf this morning... 85bpm (ave HR), 125bpm (maxHR), 14km in 4:30. Will be interested to see the points gained for this excuse for getting out of bed.

It's no wonder the pro's have a dikwiel around their waists.

My points for morning's 106km ride have come through so I'm guessing the 14km, 4h30 walk around the golf course will get me zero points considering my HR was well below the required zones.

One further reason golf is not on my list of things to do, even though I'm probably better at it than I am riding a bike. I can imagine the golfers on Discovery whining about the lavk of opportunity to get points.

My points for morning's 106km ride have come through so I'm guessing the 14km, 4h30 walk around the golf course will get me zero points considering my HR was well below the required zones.

One further reason golf is not on my list of things to do, even though I'm probably better at it than I am riding a bike. I can imagine the golfers on Discovery whining about the lavk of opportunity to get points.

Don't you get the base points for logging an activity that's longer than 30mins?

Remember reading something like that a while back on Discovery.

I'm going to be 50 behind this week so it means cycling on Xmas morning on the IDT.

Here's how to get points... (2015)

To earn up to 150 Vitality points you have to:

You have to do at least 30 minutes of physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 60% and less than 70% of your age related maximum heart rate; or

At least 30 minutes of physical activity in one exercise session a day at a minimum average speed of 4 kilometres an hour; or

Track 5 000 to 7499 steps a day to earn 50 Vitality points; or

Track 7 500 to 9 999 steps a day to earn 100 Vitality points; or

Track 10 000 to 12 499 steps a day to earn 150 Vitality points.

To earn 50 bonus points you have to:

At least 30 minutes or more of physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 70% of your age-related maximum heart rate; or

At least 60 minutes or more of physical activity in one exercise session a day at an average heart rate of more than 60% of your age-related maximum heart rate.

At least 30 minutes of physical activity in one exercise session a day at a minimum average speed of 7.2 kilometres an hour.

At least 60 minutes or more of physical activity in one exercise session a day at a minimum average speed of 4 kilometres an hour.

Track 12 500 or more steps a day.