Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the guys all seeing 3000 points today, out of interest, what device you using and what have you linked to Vitality?

Garmin Forerunner connect to Discovery via Garmin Connect.

The points were allocated within minutes of the upload.

Guest notmyname

First draft of the guide coming out today... Need email addresses for all those who want one

thecrownracer@gmail.com

where can I get banking deets to make the donation Myles?

Cannot see ParkRun from this morning yet. I did see the New Year's Day ParkRun from yesterday though. Was 300 points and counted for last week.To the guys all seeing 3000 points today, out of interest, what device you using and what have you linked to Vitality?If I log into discovery and go to Exercises, I can see my activity from this morning. (Strava Sync) and if I go into the Vitality app I can see a sync and it shows my last activity as this morning. However. Absolutely nothing in the Active Rewards.

My ride from yesterday & this morning were uploaded via Garmin & have popped up on Strava.

Vitality is showing Garmin's last exercise was this morning, but aren't showing as points yet.

Did the Silvermine loop about two hours ago - I could not find internet connection on my phone.

Nothing to upload on Vitality :angry:

Did the Silvermine loop about two hours ago - I could not find internet connection on my phone.

Nothing to upload on Vitality :angry:

And? Yes, I know "hijack" but still. Wanna know how it is... You do the whole loop, all the way to the top?

And? Yes, I know "hijack" but still. Wanna know how it is... You do the whole loop, all the way to the top?

Yip around the dam over the mountain. Brutal at some places especially in this heat. The views of Hout Bay are spectacular at the viewing spots. Nice to be back on the mountain. Come down close to the dam and some "single track" takes you back to car park.

Yip around the dam over the mountain. Brutal at some places especially in this heat. The views of Hout Bay are spectacular at the viewing spots. Nice to be back on the mountain. Come down close to the dam and some "single track" takes you back to car park.

yeah, it is a brutal circuit! 

Glad to know it's good going though. May hit it up when I'm back, if the ribs are co-operating!

Guest notmyname

30km, 2 hour cycle over breetsnek and got 3000 points

What a crock. I only got 3000 for my 102km ride yesterday.

Garmin Connect seems to be the best at the moment. Rode this morning with my wife, she's got a Garmin, through GC, I use an Ambit and sync through Strava (myfitnesspal is even worse). Hers is up and points allocated (3000). Mine, nothing. But my ParkRun from yesterday is now there. Suppose I'm just impatient.

Breetsnek must be tougher.......

From what I have seen of the points system so far, if you do over 120 mins with a hrm you get the maximum points of 3000 irrespective of distance or difficulty of where you are riding

Which seems in contradiction to the points allocation detailed on the Discovery website.

Am not complaining thought ;)

What a crock. I only got 3000 for my 102km ride yesterday.

2 hours+ of vigorous exercise will get you 3000 points.

Guest notmyname

2 hours+ of vigorous exercise will get you 3000 points.

Okay. Thanks V'.