Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Damn too slow, was doing actual work for once.

you can still have 1... Kauai or Vida??

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No shoe booster or health foods payback for last month!!.... another email off to Vitality today... look forward to their excuses.... #becomingagameofcatandmouse

You are not the only one.  Apparently a lot of people affected.  I phoned them AGAIN today as I logged a query in March as my Healthy Gear % is still 15 and not 25.  Get told they can't escalate it as the person has already escalated it multiple times.  How does that help me??

And I still wait for my smoothie voucher from 2 weeks ago....

Embarrassingly, not being an Apple person, I need help linking my daughter's watch to disco.

What I've achieved so far:

Exercises are on watch.

Health app is loaded on iPhone.

Health app is not linked to Vitality, it does not appear to be possible to link.

iHealth app is loaded on iPhone.

iHealth app shows linked to Vitality on PC and iPhone.

Workouts show on Health app.

No workouts show on iHealth app.

I cannot link watch to iHealth, under devices there are a few choices but no Apple watch.

How do I get workouts into iHealth and onto Vitality?

All help appreciated.

Embarrassingly, not being an Apple person, I need help linking my daughter's watch to disco.

Exercises are on watch.

Health app is not linked to Vitality, it does not appear to be possible to link.

I cannot link watch to iHealth, under devices there are a few choices but no Apple watch.

All help appreciated.

When you say "watch", is it safe to assume it is the Apple Watch?

I don't have one, but I do have the Health app linked to the Discovery app on my phone, it's under Sources.

Exercises are on watch.

All help appreciated.

try the Disco call centre :w00t: :w00t:

sorry cant help with Apple.

Exercises are on watch.

All help appreciated.

It shows the Health App (on my wife's phone) as a linked device on the Vitality App, and not iHealth.

You must link the health app on the Vitality App on the phone - I'll post some screen shots shortly.

Edit: In the Vitality app, go to Devices and Apps, click on Health App

f50d6fe4be591bed8fc5d8b12805000f.jpg

Click on Get Started

9dbe4c07f802f6bdbfaf7c2de1a5de38.jpg

The Health App should show "Last updated: None".

27c2c90cf5ef4c5e2cbf211c6e3baae1.jpg

Click on "Last updated: None", and then on "Sync data".

1c7b5e40618cd669ca10cfd6a0021b9e.jpg

Edited by Frosty

What's new? Just like your riding...then you claim you were actually working for the team.

Always tapering! 

Useful thread ....I didn't realise so many members are having issues. the feedback on experiences ( although frustrating ) are great to learn from

I'm still waiting on full cash back on shoes for wife and I (only got 15%)since March! Keeps getting escalated with sporadic feedback. To be honest I was about to give up!

I also suspect that I may have lost out on being paid for my gym booster for a while. I naively assumed it was being paid each month, but a brief check for past 2 months suggests otherwise

All of this means that I will have to scrutinize this process more going forward and put their number on speed dial. However I simply don't have the time or energy to do this!!!

This might be their strategy to keep the minds of their members active lol ????

>400 pages in this thread - sure this has already been covered somewhere, but... anyone know where we can find a summary of the discovery/vitality cycling benefits and cash-backs for selected race entries? Tx in advance.

Useful thread ....I didn't realise so many members are having issues. the feedback on experiences ( although frustrating ) are great to learn from

I'm still waiting on full cash back on shoes for wife and I (only got 15%)since March! Keeps getting escalated with sporadic feedback. To be honest I was about to give up!

I also suspect that I may have lost out on being paid for my gym booster for a while. I naively assumed it was being paid each month, but a brief check for past 2 months suggests otherwise

All of this means that I will have to scrutinize this process more going forward and put their number on speed dial. However I simply don't have the time or energy to do this!!!

This might be their strategy to keep the minds of their members active lol

Amazing I had no issues at all. Sometimes points for activities take a bit of time to reflect, but they always reflect on time.

• Apple watch benefit working like a charm
  • Shoe Booster working like a charm
  • Smoothies working like a charm
  • Gym membership (refund) working like a charm

I am a very happy camper

Vitality are driving me insane !!!!!!!

The screenshot below taken from their website clearly states that all I needed to do to get 25% cashback from Sportsmans is to declare that I am pregnant at my Health Check. 

I queried on the 30th March why my % was still 15%.  Finallly today I get the reply below.  Why should I now pay for a fitness assessment when I can't even do it (35 weeks pregnant already)...

We request that you complete the Vitality Fitness Assessment with the biokineticists within the Vitality Wellness Network. The biokineticist will be able to confirm that you are pregnant and your HealthyGear cash back will be increased once we have received the assessment from the biokineticist.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

post-1406-0-52441700-1493881434_thumb.png

And the fight continues!!

Sorry if its been asked before, but can';t find info:

I use the Apple Watch outdoor cycling function to get my 300 points per ride, as it tracks activity with heart rate ave above a certain point and you get the points. 

The heart rate lately is becoming very erratic, and want ot change to a GPS device. Really like the TomTom Adventurer, but the discovery app says earn up to a 100 points per workout? Surely thats a joke? It does heart rate and GPS and then links to Strava? 

What points do you get with Garmin, Suunto and TomTom?

Sorry if its been asked before, but can';t find info:

I use the Apple Watch outdoor cycling function to get my 300 points per ride, as it tracks activity with heart rate ave above a certain point and you get the points. 

The heart rate lately is becoming very erratic, and want ot change to a GPS device. Really like the TomTom Adventurer, but the discovery app says earn up to a 100 points per workout? Surely thats a joke? It does heart rate and GPS and then links to Strava? 

What points do you get with Garmin, Suunto and TomTom?

Refer to this to see how you can earn points: https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/vitality_news/vitality_fitness_points.pdf

If you go to 'Vitality' - 'Track and earn points' there's also a points calculator on the right hand side.

Edited by bertusras