Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I must be the only lucky one here, I have never had any issues with my Garmin connect(touch wood), with a full team of active people, I always get 2 - some of my vouchers have expired.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not fenix 3 its that when it de link... discovery site and app still says it is linked... so u cant re link.

But ton grmin connect there is no link.

7f819630dd88f4c26fc717cbe7ada15c.jpg

ebf4bb9ba5648ec044c048e10723db59.jpg7f819630dd88f4c26fc717cbe7ada15c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a technical error on their side.

Eek... should've trusted my competence ^_^

I got the same random support emails that didn't take into account what I was telling them... they've now referred it to their tech dept.... will keep y'all posted as to what they say...

My follow up mail with all the screen prints has ended up going to their tech dept - which just adds another problem that doesn't appear to be random.

Its not the fenix 3 , its that when it de link... discovery site and app still says it is linked... so u cant re link.

But on garmin connect there is no link.

Ye but... Gerald's mail refers to a problem with F3's specifically. I know he has one, hence the reply. 

I must be the only lucky one here, I have never had any issues with my Garmin connect(touch wood), with a full team of active people, I always get 2 - some of my vouchers have expired.

I've never had a problem either, until curiosity got me to test their delink process, which has changed as I've done it a number of times previously.

I'm still sending them selective workouts from my "alternative account".

Ye but... Gerald's mail refers to a problem with F3's specifically. I know he has one, hence the reply.

As usual disco is full of#%%^%

He has exactly the same issue as me, disco site and app says linked but garmin connect says no and we have no way of re linking.

I have sent multiple emails, fb messages and they keep coming back with silly awnsers such as :

Please re link

Please de link

Please note you have reaches your fitness point cap

Please provide a screenshot

Blah blah

I have sent the usernames and screenshots and actual issue multiple times

I just wish we had a disco rep here .

I just wish we had a disco rep here .

I wish I had a direct line to one of the devs. I have mail details for someone inside Vitality, but she sends stuff to people above / next to / below her as she's a gateway of sorts. 

Meh. 

I wish I had a direct line to one of the devs. I have mail details for someone inside Vitality, but she sends stuff to people above / next to / below her as she's a gateway of sorts.

Meh.

Seems that when you de link from garmin, discovery doesn't see it and still thinks you are linked...

So u cant de link again and cant re link.

Oh i am so tired of this...

Sometimes feel like just stoping the effort and paying for the stupid apple watch

Meh.

The disco app is outsourced to a Cape Town tech company. Bumped into one of the developers at a work function a week ago. I told him to rather keep that secret. I don't tell anyone I kick kittens for a job...

Send an email to: adriang@discovery.co.za - he reads his emails first thing in the morning.

You need to make sure that you have your ducks in a row and provide evidence of poor/bad service. Don't be rude, but be firm and mention that speaking to the departments that are supposed to help is not working for you.

His email reply to me stated "I will not defend bad service - please accept my apology for the inconvenience to you and you wife.

My office will follow up with you."

Edit: 2 months of continual back and forth was resolved in 2 days.

Edited by geraldm24

Send an email to: adriang@discovery.co.za - he reads his emails first thing in the morning.

You need to make sure that you have your ducks in a row and provide evidence of poor/bad service. Don't be rude, but be firm and mention that speaking to the departments that are supposed to help is not working for you.

His email reply to me stated "I will not defend bad service - please accept my apology for the inconvenience to you and you wife.

My office will follow up with you."

Edit: 2 months of continual back and forth was resolved in 2 days.

That's one thing I will say, and I haven't said here because it has been abused in the past. 

If you send him something personally, and it gets through his PA - he will make it his mission to sort it out. 

That's one thing I will say, and I haven't said here because it has been abused in the past. 

If you send him something personally, and it gets through his PA - he will make it his mission to sort it out. 

I hear you on the abused part - but if the root case isn't being attended to then there's a problem.

My approach to (work) life is to attend to the problem with the person whose job it is to get it resolved (in this case the consultants), and then start the escalation process if every option has been tried, without success. Ask for their supervisor/manager's name, so that they understand it needs to be escalated. If the person doesn't provide the information, a bit of digging needs to be done to find out who the manager is.

If the manager can't help, or won't help then it's a bypass from them to the very top. I find social media is the worst place to get into a "handbag fight" with the company - it's as if they don't want to help, whereas a professionally worded email with the facts can be resolved very easily and without that uncomfortable feeling between customer and service provider.

If the person at the very top cares about their company, they will ensure it gets resolved. Most times I explain that the consultant tried everything possible, but they either aren't skilled enough to attend to the problem, or they don't have the resources to get it done. It's the supervisor/manager who is unable to take it further. 

I've been to the top on a number of occasions and it's been the middle management that suffer the consequences and hardly the consultant.