Gauteng Road & TT Champs 2016

Ryinc

Hotshot, not saying the group never crossed the whit line, but it was the odd occasion. And the worst part was where you had to go wide to turn into the fast corners near the end. With the cones at the last corner, you were forced to go to the right.

The issue was the attitude of the official, and you can't leave the break but stop the bunch. You have to then neutralize the entire race.

The break itself went away after attacking over the white line.

So it was fairness that was asked for. So when the official could not explain what was going to happen to the break that she let continue on, everyone thought what's the point anymore. Instead all she could do was scream at the riders.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hotshot, not saying the group never crossed the whit line, but it was the odd occasion. And the worst part was where you had to go wide to turn into the fast corners near the end. With the cones at the last corner, you were forced to go to the right.

The issue was the attitude of the official, and you can't leave the break but stop the bunch. You have to then neutralize the entire race.

So it was fairness that was asked for. So when the official could not explain what was going to happen to the break that she let continue on, everyone thought what's the point anymore. Instead all she could do was scream at the riders.

Without saying too much my boet had a run in with that lady official on Saturday at the TT as well ...... just shake my head!

Where are the results going to be posted ?

Hhahahahahha.

BAHAHAHHAHAHA.

If you do not crack top 3, you don't get a result.  Welcome to provincials.  :clap:

But I saw last years results for all riders, just need to remember where

Jip.

They used championchip if I remember correctly.

Did you guys have timing mats this year? 

Yes you correct it was them.

Nope did not see mats, but I was bleeding through my eyeballs so I could have missed them ha ha

From the document on cycle events

"Timing

A timing system will be used on the day. At the time of writing this document, there were two

tenders yet to be submitted from the selected list.

Results will be available per Region within the Gauteng Province – e.g. Gauteng North, Central Gauteng, East Rand, Westrand and Sedibeng, therefore the Regions will be able to use these results to award Regional Colours."

From the document on cycle events

"Timing

A timing system will be used on the day. At the time of writing this document, there were two

tenders yet to be submitted from the selected list.

Results will be available per Region within the Gauteng Province – e.g. Gauteng North, Central Gauteng, East Rand, Westrand and Sedibeng, therefore the Regions will be able to use these results to award Regional Colours."

This looks like the 30-39 finish and there are no timing mats across the finish line, so it doesn't look like any timing company was awarded the tender.

post-26017-0-43037700-1457941391_thumb.jpg

Just shows how much attention I was paying, I didn't even see the break! So did someone actually win the 50+ category?

I totally agree with you, her attitude was completely wrong as was her handling of the incident.

To be fair to the officials, and the white line crossing, we were riding over the white line quite a lot. Me included and not just while going around the cones. At one stage the group was going down the long hill towards the start spread all over the road. So the officials had a point, just the way it was handled was the problem,

Just shows how much attention I was paying, I didn't even see the break! So did someone actually win the 50+ category?

Yip they had a full prize giving at about 1.30. All the 50+ category places were announced and medals given.

What does Gauteng cycling do for us as cyclists apart from organise a event once a year?

What was the point of Sunday's championship? Did the winners of the various categories get provincial colours? And if they do, then what?

Archived