Heavy Cyclists

Butterbean

For once in your life you will get beaten by the podgy guy, even if it is only in a weight loss competition

This is not a sleeping in competition.... you might well win that.... :)

OK - enough poking fun at the big man.... :)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a sleeping in competition.... you might well win that.... :)

OK - enough poking fun at the big man.... :)

The V12Eddyman love bond is strong.........

The V12Eddyman love bond is strong.........

Well - he did fall asleep on me this morning.... so to speak - fortunately I had a good ride anyway.... with a girl.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

So Bro. heres a different story. I started cycling almost 10 years ago after a rugby injury destroyed and shattered my knee so severly, the doc said I would never run again but could maybe ride a bike. Previously I was Mr South Africa 3 times, junior Mr Universe, SA power lifting champ and one of the 4 biggest junior bodybuilders in the world. I was 138kg off season with 10% body fat by 20 years old. I too struggled to stick with the pack but I didn't quit...never. I got stronger and stronger and most importantly I found a specific technique as a heavy cyclist to climb hills with the best and finish in the top packs. After 8 weeks of training at Track cycling I won my first SA medal. I have raced at weights between 108kg and 112kg. I am currently 117kg with 8% body fat. With training I could do a 2:40ish 94.7 or finish in the A cat at MTB races. On the track I can destroy any roadie in a sprint. And my knee is in pieces with pins in it. Its all about power to weight ratio. Fix it, get the big rider special technique right for climbing hills and you can be unstoppable. If you want a special weight training programme for increasing cycling strength then send me a PM. We train some of the top athletes in various sports. Nothing is impossible if you train correctly and hard at it! 

Previously I was Mr South Africa 3 times, junior Mr Universe, SA power lifting champ and one of the 4 biggest junior bodybuilders in the world. I was 138kg off season with 10% body fat by 20 years old.

What are your thoughts concerning the use of Anabolic Steroids in the body building and weight lifting world.

YES I AM HEAVY

it is what it is,,,, eat less *** more, eat less ride more HEARD IT ALL BEFORE what evaaaaaa

i would kill to wake up one morning and go out with earths gravity selecting me specifically at 77KG and see how that goes,  :whistling:  :whistling:

YES I AM HEAVY

it is what it is,,,, eat less *** more, eat less ride more HEARD IT ALL BEFORE what evaaaaaa

i would kill to wake up one morning and go out with earths gravity selecting me specifically at 77KG and see how that goes,  :whistling:  :whistling:

PM Trackmonster 

YES I AM HEAVY

Moet nie kommer nie ou maat......I am also on the heavy side....dream of what it would be like to be a maergat....but I am not giving up beer......

So Bro. heres a different story. I started cycling almost 10 years ago after a rugby injury destroyed and shattered my knee so severly, the doc said I would never run again but could maybe ride a bike. Previously I was Mr South Africa 3 times, junior Mr Universe, SA power lifting champ and one of the 4 biggest junior bodybuilders in the world. I was 138kg off season with 10% body fat by 20 years old. I too struggled to stick with the pack but I didn't quit...never. I got stronger and stronger and most importantly I found a specific technique as a heavy cyclist to climb hills with the best and finish in the top packs. After 8 weeks of training at Track cycling I won my first SA medal. I have raced at weights between 108kg and 112kg. I am currently 117kg with 8% body fat. With training I could do a 2:40ish 94.7 or finish in the A cat at MTB races. On the track I can destroy any roadie in a sprint. And my knee is in pieces with pins in it. Its all about power to weight ratio. Fix it, get the big rider special technique right for climbing hills and you can be unstoppable. If you want a special weight training programme for increasing cycling strength then send me a PM. We train some of the top athletes in various sports. Nothing is impossible if you train correctly and hard at it! 

Haha ...Nice story Trackmonster...I left school I wieghed 77kgs ....over the years it grew toping me off at 129kgs....started riding again 4 years ago ( i use to ride my bike everyday of my life to and from school to mates houses etc ...my old man refused to give me a motorbike)....im down to 113kgs, but just cant seem to get past it...but you are right many a person is suprised how quickly i can ascend a hill..

Moet nie kommer nie ou maat......I am also on the heavy side....dream of what it would be like to be a maergat....but I am not giving up beer......

this...

Not Bartman, he played flank for Lions (Transvaal) and Natal. 

Hard to miss Waal Bartman. He's the one that looked like a Volksie that had just rolled and landed on it's wheels with the doors open...

Archived