Heavy Cyclists

Butterbean

Down from 97 to 91 and a bit (ok, 91.6) from about 5 weeks ago. I put it down to diet (banting as best I can) and putting in some miles on the road and gym. @ 178cm, BMI puts me at pretty much obese, and I refute that (you listening Discovery?), but as a passing cyclist said last Sunday, "Every kilo is a bitch"

My aim is sub-90 by 01/01/2016. My ultimate aim is 85. Or less. Less would be nice too. My old clothes will fit again (who's with me on that one?)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My aim is sub-90 by 01/01/2016. My ultimate aim is 85. Or less. Less would be nice too. My old clothes will fit again (who's with me on that one?)

Join the Hub festive season biggest loser competition.

I'll give this a go as well! 1,70m and 107kg, so I've got no excuse other than being a short fat f@#k, as my good friends call me!

I left school at 78kg and finished basics at 86kg, so if I can get close to 90kg again, I will be over the moon. Beer and food might be a slight complication though.

Roll on 7/12 :)

fat f@#k, as my good friends call me!

I read a story about some fat chef whose friend smsed him that same phrase every day and in the end he lost some huge amount of weight.

Maybe that's all the motivation we need - get those thin riders to message us every day :P

I'm in as well. After losing 18 kg since the argus, the last thing I want to do is pick any of that up again.

this competition will help motivate me to stay true to the cause. If I can just maintain my weight over December it will be an achievement.

So when do we weigh in, 1/12 or 7/12?

I'm 1.89m tall and up to the beginning of 2012 was normally around 90-95kg mark. April 2012 had an accident, swelled rapidly to 117kg. October I decide to get my fat a$$ into shape again. and have shed 11kg so far, weighed in this morning at 106.kg, started training slow but now I am training more intense and seem to be getting way more energy, beginning of October I set myself 2 goals

• Weigh 105kg by 14.12.2015 as short term goal
  • Weigh 95kg by end of Feb

• Weigh 95kg by end of Feb

Do that by 31 January and you may just win this thing. 10.4% of your current bodyweight lost... To beat that I'd have to go under 90kg's and at that weight I'd fly away in a light breeze.

Do that by 31 January and you may just win this thing. 10.4% of your current bodyweight lost... To beat that I'd have to go under 90kg's and at that weight I'd fly away in a light breeze.

If I hit that by 15th Jan I'll be winning it... :)

If I hit that by 15th Jan I'll be winning it... :)

What? 90kg's? You keep telling yourself that, Captain  ;)

What are you now, 106 plus? With all the turkey and mince pies still to come over the next three weeks......

Don't forget, we have all your "before" pics from the lift-selfie fred as evidence  :D  :D

What? 90kg's? You keep telling yourself that, Captain  ;)

What are you now, 106 plus? With all the turkey and mince pies still to come over the next three weeks......

Don't forget, we have all your "before" pics from the lift-selfie fred as evidence  :D  :D

109.5 as of Monday this week... 

109.5 as of Monday this week...

Snap! Me too. But I am only 1.75m

So far I have only had 3 mince pies since they first hit the shelves a couple of months ago. Trying to not eat any more this season.

Snap! Me too. But I am only 1.75m

So far I have only had 3 mince pies since they first hit the shelves a couple of months ago. Trying to not eat any more this season.

My OH brought home some chuckles the other day, and my son tried to feed them to me. Willpower... Sheesh. Told him after 4 that that was enough. 

hey buffalo's, I love u guys! was once considering membership...

1.77 m 85Kg 3 years ago, 74Kg today. 

Is that only from cycling or did you starve yourself 2

I am now 1.87 and 92kg. I prefer 85kg (like when I was in basics more than 20 years go) and I achieved it 2 or so years ago again. Exercised the same as now but smaller portions and virtually no beer.

So my goal is to get a balance between the 2, maybe float in the high 80s or so by end of summer