Heavy Cyclists

Butterbean

well in terms of mass, yes! The thread is "heavy cyclists" not "heavy set cyclists" or "fatty fatty boom boom cyclists".

:w00t:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well in terms of mass, yes! The thread is "heavy cyclists" not "heavy set cyclists" or "fatty fatty boom boom cyclists".

:w00t:

And the guy at 1.6 meters weighing in at 65 kg's also considers himself heavy......compared to the 1.5 meter dude at 58 kg's.......

And the guy at 1.6 meters weighing in at 65 kg's also considers himself heavy......compared to the 1.5 meter dude at 58 kg's.......

Which is why v12's suggestion to use BMI (as unreliable as it is) as a qualifier is sensible.

If you are tall and heavyset but lean, you are welcome to post your weight loss albeit that you do not have much to lose.

For once in your life you will get beaten by the podgy guy, even if it is only in a weight loss competition

Ek het nie gesê "ballas" nie-jy sal maar met jou talente moet saamleef....

As ek 'n vinnige 5 kg moet verloor sal ek myself maar laat besny......

1.86m, 97kg, yes I go slower uphill than smaller guys, but with rhythm I do get to the top.  Done the Panorama 4 times and 3 of those on a tandem.  Our combined weight on the tandem is around 170kg without the weight of the tandem.  Downhills we really fly, top speed of 102km/h 

As ek 'n vinnige 5 kg moet verloor sal ek myself maar laat besny......

Ha ha, ek dink vir daai gewigs verlies moet jy dalk die hele tros afsny  :eek:  ^_^

OH.....MY....WORD  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Now THAT, is something to behold!

Thanks Captain, made my morning  :clap:

I am 1.88m and weigh 105kg, according the bmi I am obese, I think I am fat. My friends think I am beeg. I used to be allot fatter a few years ago. I probably wieghed around 130kg. 

I would love to weigh around 85/90Kg but ........

I am 1.88m and weigh 105kg, according the bmi I am obese, I think I am fat. My friends think I am beeg.

I am 1.76m and weigh 96. On the bmi scale I am also obese.

BUT, at this weight I could still do a sub 3 Argus, which just points out how ridiculous the scale is.

Ok, my sub 3 was this year, :whistling:  :whistling: but I am still the fine athlete I was in March :ph34r:

For our club champs hill climb event we use Min/Kg to determine the handicap winner, the route is 4Km with 160-odd metres of elevation gain (not a climb by any means, but still steep enough to make it worthwhile):

• Bike and rider get weighed in before the start - not further changes allowed, i.e. adding/removing a bottle or clothing, etc.
  • Record time and convert to minutes.

The overall difference between the fastest and slowest had an index of 56, compared to the handicapped difference of 41 (26% better). You'll be surprised how many of the heavies strip their bike and self of gear, while the lighties add on to try make a difference without it affecting performance.

Hill climbing will never suit the heavies, but it gives the stronger ones a chance against the lighties.

• Fastest person finished third on the handicap.
  • 3rd overall finished first on handicap
  • A 60Kg lightie finished in 10th overall but 17th on the handicap.

Exactly......been perving over Penny.....like real men do.....

Be still my beating heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived