Apple watch feedback

Runbikeswim

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you guys think is the most useful app?

Strava and go pro app forb3rd party

Messages and siri

The build In Excercise app is junk.

Strava and go pro app forb3rd party

Messages and siri

The build In Excercise app is junk.

The built-in excercise app is nothing but a method of telling the watch that you are doing excercise (as opposed to passive 24/7 monitoring) the real purpose is to differentiate between excercise and non-excercise on the excercise app on your phone.

Strava is only good for strava exercise recording, it doesn't integrate with the iPhone excercise app, all though it will share data with the health app.

The strava app could seriously use some updates to include favorite segments on the watch as what has been made available for the garmin edge.

The only missing app is whatsapp. Although you can receive and respond to whatsapp notifications, you cannot initiate or read through a thread on the watch.

The best feature of the watch is the dictation, which is 99.9% accurate for me. Great for Siri and responding to long messages

I've been toying with the idea of getting one through Vitality, however unless I'm either not training enough or miscalculated my goals I can't see myself gaining enough points to have it pay for itself.

I go to gym three times a week and cycle the other 4 days with an average of 280 kms a week.

However I got allocated 950 points to achieve in a week, so with150 points for gym and I think 100 per ride ( which seems the distance is irrelevant) there is no way I can achieve the points, unless I ride and go to gym everyday?

I've been toying with the idea of getting one through Vitality, however unless I'm either not training enough or miscalculated my goals I can't see myself gaining enough points to have it pay for itself.

I go to gym three times a week and cycle the other 4 days with an average of 280 kms a week.

However I got allocated 950 points to achieve in a week, so with150 points for gym and I think 100 per ride ( which seems the distance is irrelevant) there is no way I can achieve the points, unless I ride and go to gym everyday?

New points system for 2016, go read on the discovery website, most are already getting 1500 to 3000 points for just 1 ride if you ride long enough!... rather than think, research it.

Alternatively read the last 10 pages of this thread https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/155595-discovery-health-vitality-and-team-vitality-plus-everything-else-you-need-to-know/

3000 points per ride, here's proof, done it yesterday. 

Make sure of the parameters needed ie. 120min, 7,5km ave speed, 70% of heart rate ave etc etc. Specs on Disco web page or on the Disco thread on the hub.

post-48455-0-40138700-1452026868_thumb.pngpost-48455-0-68507500-1452026878_thumb.png

I got this sms a few times now :

"Discovery Vitality reminder: iOS 9.2 users, please delink and link your apple watch in the Vitality section of the Discovery app to sync your data with Vitality"

I am usually good with finding things on my phone - but I have been trying for at least 2 hours now over the last 2 days to find out where to do this.... and can't the hell find it

Anyone else got this?

Yip. It's in the Discovery App.

Start the App

Go to Vitality

Go to "Devices and apps"

Top of the page. You will see it.

3000 points per ride, here's proof, done it yesterday. 

Make sure of the parameters needed ie. 120min, 7,5km ave speed, 70% of heart rate ave etc etc. Specs on Disco web page or on the Disco thread on the hub.

attachicon.gifIMG_9911.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_9912.PNG

Thank you

Start the App

Go to Vitality

Go to "Devices and apps"

Not seeing anything watch related on my side? Watched paired, although Discovery reversed the R350 after I picked up the watch from the I Store

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/05/f96215d83725d7cadd8de3bee743637b.jpg

Thank you

Just remember, that if you're sick, on holiday or can't train- you'll be "penalised" and may land up having to paying...

This is the part that I find really unfair about this whole Apple Watch "giveaway".

I called their call centre about this and they confirmed that they make no provision for such incidents when one cannot train. 

Not worth it in my opinion

Start the App

Go to Vitality

Go to "Devices and apps"

Not seeing anything watch related on my side? Watched paired, although Discovery reversed the R350 after I picked up the watch from the I Store

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/05/f96215d83725d7cadd8de3bee743637b.jpg

Same on my side

- It shows linked with Health app and Strava - no apple watch in that screen...

Just remember, that if you're sick, on holiday or can't train- you'll be "penalised" and may land up having to paying...

This is the part that I find really unfair about this whole Apple Watch "giveaway".

I called their call centre about this and they confirmed that they make no provision for such incidents when one cannot train. 

Not worth it in my opinion

maybe just scan in for a park run on that week?

maybe just scan in for a park run on that week?

My Parkrun from Saturday has still not shown up, but to be fair, as Saturday is the first day of the reward cycle, they still have some time to reflect it

My Parkrun from Saturday has still not shown up, but to be fair, as Saturday is the first day of the reward cycle, they still have some time to reflect it

There might come a time that the fox terrier could carry a watch during its daily rummaging in the garden.... :ph34r:  :whistling:

Archived