Cycling shorts for longer rides

AliciaLazzaro

I was hoping someone could suggest me a good pair of padded shorts for longer rides that doesn't break in the bank, it's very important for me ?

I was hoping someone could suggest me a good pair of padded shorts for longer rides that doesn't break in the bank, it's very important for me ?

Rather wear a good chamois and shorts over them,look at First Ascent or Indola.Maybe spend a bit more and look at Fox,One industries or Royal Racing.

Indola enduro for shorts with padding in are by far the thickest padding I have seen and used,without breaking the bank.But agree about a decent bib and some fox shorts (just take the padding out the shorts) or craft.

Rapid Sports, good padding excellent pricing. should be around 500zar 

http://www.rapidsport.co.za/

Best value for money you will get. To me the padding is the best of what I have (Enjoy, Craft, First Ascent, Anatomic)

+ 200 to 400 km rides no problem, even without bum cream.

I can vouch for Indola shorts and first ascent shorts, you get what you pay for.. I also bought a cheaper pair of shorts, (Cape storm) and I regret It, the padding on the Indola and First Ascent are in a class of its own compared to the Cape Storm shorts.

You get what you paid for. Have a look at Anatomic and Velotex. More important make sure you have the right saddel width.

Anatomic ,first ascent premium,panda.endola .i use all of them at least once a week .For up to 3 hours they are all fine .Fox only for spinning classes .Spez shorts are great but exspensive .The endola one,s have enough pockets so you don,t need a cycling shirt with pockets .I am on my 2d endola and 3d First ascent 

The new fox and cannondale look like they have taken over the old high mileage chamois from assos they look identical...the cannondale sells for R999 they are bibs...but you can wear shorts over them.

Edited by isetech