Buycycle.co.za rant

ewald99

My feeling too. Quick to take my money and then drags to give it back. Always makes my think “umm... don’t you have any money to refund me with?”

Starting to get really annoyed with this drop shipping bs too. Stop telling me your website didn’t update so we didn’t have it in stock.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If a CC was used for the purchase it will take 2 weeks as it has to be processed by the one bank to the other and none of the banks have the same process. I ran into this a couple of month back when i bought my machine and had to return it due to faulty parts. I requested a refund to my CC the shop didnt want to do it but the mood i was in i demanded it be done. I waited just over 3 weeks for my money to reflect back in my account. Go do some reading up on this and you will find a lot of answers surrounding this. By law they are not really allowed to reverse a payment to your debit or CC card hence places offer an in-store credit or a cash refund.

Edited by PSYCHOsmurfZA

If a CC was used for the purchase it will take 2 weeks as it has to be processed by the one bank to the other and none of the banks have the same process. I ran into this a couple of month back when i bought my machine and had to return it due to faulty parts. I requested a refund to my CC the shop didnt want to do it but the mood i was in i demanded it be done. I waited just offer 3 weeks for my money to reflect back in my account. Go do some reading up on this and you will find a lot of answers surrounding this. By law they are not really allowed to reverse a payment to your debit or CC card hence places offer an in-store credit or a cash refund.

To be 100% honest. The banking process etc etc etc is not my problem.

1: You took my money.

2: You can't supply a product.

3: Give back my money.

It's as simple as that.

To be 100% honest. The banking process etc etc etc is not my problem.

1: You took my money.

2: You can't supply a product.

3: Give back my money.

It's as simple as that.

I understand your pain i truly do and i had the same attitude.

The merchant was with Nedbank and am with FNB.

I went the extra mile and figured well i will do their job then since they are slacking.

I got hold of Nedbank who had already processed the refund back to FNB same day.

I contacted FNB to be told that the reversal was done it does show on their system but it has to be approved by various departments to ensure it was not fraud or money laundering.

Basically the refund gets credit vetted in a sense before it hits your account.

In this case it sits with PayFast and Buycycle said that they refund via EFT. That taking 5 working days to action. Now this makes me believe they first cash out the PayFast wallet before refunding which is odd. 

Another online retailer also didn't have stock and let me know what happened, asked for my banking details, and refunded me immediately. Total of 2 emails and about 10 minutes.

I get process. I had an online store for a couple of years and when an order was cancelled we refunded immediately via EFT. It's called good service.

snip

Starting to get really annoyed with this drop shipping bs too. Stop telling me your website didn’t update so we didn’t have it in stock.

agree.

I can honestly not remember the detailsanymore but i bought something from them back circa 2014  and If i recall i had a similar issue in that the order was lagging. After inquiring what the holdup was,  it was also something to do funds being delayed between banks and/or merchants etc etc etc blah blah. 

anyway. meh. most of the distributors sell direct these days

In this case it sits with PayFast and Buycycle said that they refund via EFT. That taking 5 working days to action. Now this makes me believe they first cash out the PayFast wallet before refunding which is odd. 

Another online retailer also didn't have stock and let me know what happened, asked for my banking details, and refunded me immediately. Total of 2 emails and about 10 minutes.

I get process. I had an online store for a couple of years and when an order was cancelled we refunded immediately via EFT. It's called good service.

Then its coming from retailer side and they are not following up with payfast probably because they are sour for you requesting a refund, lets be honest its SA and everyone is out to get you.

...because they are sour for you requesting a refund, lets be honest its SA and everyone is out to get you.

If that is the case they aren't doing themselves any favours. 

If that is the case they aren't doing themselves any favours. 

I could rant about a LBS i took my custom build to for diagnostics on the gears as i was struggling, i ended up spending well over a K for this to receive my bike back with cables so loose they didnt do anything. I contacted the shop and requested to speak to the manager who was so arrogant and aggressive towards me because i told them their diagnostics are crap that they said i am banned from purchasing any items from them. Own up to your crap im not asking for money or free stuff just what i paid for, an apology would have been nice and maybe a bring back your bike so we can sort this for you.

That sucks. That is why people have trust issues. 

I wish I could say the online and lbs service is a South African thing but I'm leaning towards a "it's people" stand. 

The few bad apples that ruin it. 

I could rant about a LBS i took my custom build to for diagnostics on the gears as i was struggling, i ended up spending well over a K for this to receive my bike back with cables so loose they didnt do anything. I contacted the shop and requested to speak to the manager who was so arrogant and aggressive towards me because i told them their diagnostics are crap that they said i am banned from purchasing any items from them. Own up to your crap im not asking for money or free stuff just what i paid for, an apology would have been nice and maybe a bring back your bike so we can sort this for you.

what bike shop? I dont want to conduct business with a shop like this.

No issues with a Wahoo order. Delivered in 2 days.

Same company, iKhambi, handles Buycycle and Wahoo. Wahoo actually has stock of what they advertise.

My last Wahoo order arrived overnight. That’s why I say I’ve had great experiences with them.

However, when things go south they go very deep south.

True what you are saying Sir, not all people are out to provide a service but rather just to do their job its not a passion.

and this is the issue in most work places - when your workforce dont enjoy what they do, it shows in the results and sadly with sales its very rare that the people are very passionate or rarely paid alot to "act" passionate about it.

its a sad reality - people are forced to work in jobs they not entirely happy about and the end user/customer always suffer

BUT, this isnt always the case too and sometimes just a series of unfortunate unforeseen events that can screw the pooch