Dual sus or hardtail???

Christiaan125

Ive got the sprada 2.A huge and only problem with the sprada 2 is that it's so difficult to detach yourself from it. It so damn lovable. I just wanna ride more and more and more. If you are able to get a 2015 for 18 then take it now. I ride road, jeep and ofcourse singletrack and it feels good all over.

Just my opinion

I have ridden the prototype Sprada 2 2015 and loved it! The price was R23 000. I love the feeling of the geometry and now prefer it over most other dual sus bikes in it's price range.

Also been the dual sus route and prefer my hardtail. I'm on a 650b hardtail with a 1 x 10 (34-40). Done a few stage races with it, xco, marathon races and had no problems.

BUT

You have to get what works for you, what you feel comfortable on and which one you enjoy more. Test ride a few and then make a list of your pro's and con's - not other peoples pro's and con's  - yours. 

Christiaan, if I were you, stick to a HT. 

You're still young and your body can still take a lot of big hits. Get a hardtail. It's cheap to buy and maintain and you'll learn proper technique. 

With your budget, you're either going to get a decently specced hardtail or a poorly specced dual susser. Look at a hardtail with more relaxed geometry and a bit more travel, like a On-One Parkwood. 

P.S. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't shred on a hardtail...

https://vimeo.com/146876335

Edited by Odinson

As im only 15 years old and is already 1.88 m tall, I have really bad back pains as result of training on my medium frame. Will go and test drive a few more bikes in my price range and let you guys know what I found felt and rode the best and most efficient.

As im only 15 years old and is already 1.88 m tall, I have really bad back pains as result of training on my medium frame. Will go and test drive a few more bikes in my price range and let you guys know what I found felt and rode the best and most efficient.

Ja nee, boet. You're waayyy too tall for a regular medium frame. 

Hardtail sounds like the way forward for you,at R18k you can get a top spec aluminium Hardtail or a decently specced carbon hardtail.

Lots of good advice here. I recently switched from hardtail to dual. Why, because I am 46 and all crocked up from too much rugby injuries.

I miss my hardtail's speed, but my body thanks me after the long rides.

Get a good specced hardtail. Plenty of time for the dual later.