Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

Kodi is awesome, DSTV is becoming way expensive and the ONLY reason I have it is for sport..

What add ons are you using for sport.

Is Sportsdevil the only one available

Where can we watch live cycling

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

help needed, bought a raspberry pi with kodi preloaded, when i connect it up the pi and openelec seems to connects to wifi, but in kodi it seems there is no internet connection like when i try to add a source i get a message saying "unable to connect couldnt retrieve directory information. this could be due to the network not being connected....." and "remote share couldnt connect to network server" 

in system setting it shows a ip address and link connected.

what to do? 

help needed, bought a raspberry pi with kodi preloaded, when i connect it up the pi and openelec seems to connects to wifi, but in kodi it seems there is no internet connection like when i try to add a source i get a message saying "unable to connect couldnt retrieve directory information. this could be due to the network not being connected....." and "remote share couldnt connect to network server"

in system setting it shows a ip address and link connected.

what to do?

Look at my post #29 where I also had erratic connection problems. Only way I could solve that was to do complete reinstall. I bought another SD card so that I could always go back to what I started with.

Is anybody using the Airply function? My iOS picks up Kodi (RPi) and I can see the seconds pass as the songs play,McClure on max on phone but no sounds on TV.

Do I need to use an add-on as well?

Edit: seems I may have a chance if I upgrade to latest Kodi as some have success in AirPlay support for audio

Edited by Joeboy69

What add ons are you using for sport.

Is Sportsdevil the only one available

Where can we watch live cycling

Israelive addon has sport and a lot of other channels, also try castaway and cCloud.

I mostly use sportsdevil

Here I found it... all superspsort channels in HD http://xbmc.za.org/

Did you get it to work ? Installed the add-on now to watch some of the Epic, shows all the channels but nothing happens after choosing a channel ... Any idea what I may have missed?

1a96d120eccf6aaf15bcb975b92803e9.jpg

Did you get it to work ? Installed the add-on now to watch some of the Epic, shows all the channels but nothing happens after choosing a channel ... Any idea what I may have missed?1a96d120eccf6aaf15bcb975b92803e9.jpg

Nothing missed, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.... is a bit hit or miss

Nothing missed, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.... is a bit hit or miss

What have I done wrong.. Or not done.. I downloaded that add-on. Went to system and installed add-on from zip. I see it's enabled.. But it's not available in videos?

Does anyone have a solution to the current situation with Youtube on Kodi- TV Addons. The Bromix version no longer operates and Youtube can currently not be veiwed. Have looked but cant find proper solution for a repair

What have I done wrong.. Or not done.. I downloaded that add-on. Went to system and installed add-on from zip. I see it's enabled.. But it's not available in videos?

Watch the tutorial video again and skip to the steps of how to do this.

I get stuck here as well. I re-watch it again every time I add new addons.  

I'm having a problem with playback on android devices (media player and tablet) for any files/streams using the new HEVC codecs. Works fine on the computers though. Forums aren't much help and most of the jargon goes over my head. I'm assuming this is a hardware issue and that HEVC is yet to become a standard supported codec?

If anyone got this to work let me know. 

So the TV Box was hooked up last night, Ethernet cable plugged in and everything updated. Out the box it is pre loaded with a few addons (Genesis, Phoenix, NaviX, TVAddons and a whole host of others that you can enable).

Having a problem getting channels to stream though... Is there a chance that the lack of a VPN like Unotelly is causing this?

Kodi is a very cool piece of software. After reading up on a few sites, I have a LOT to learn and the learning curve over the next few months is going to be very steep....

So far though, money well spent  :thumbup:

So the TV Box was hooked up last night, Ethernet cable plugged in and everything updated. Out the box it is pre loaded with a few addons (Genesis, Phoenix, NaviX, TVAddons and a whole host of others that you can enable).

Having a problem getting channels to stream though... Is there a chance that the lack of a VPN like Unotelly is causing this?

Kodi is a very cool piece of software. After reading up on a few sites, I have a LOT to learn and the learning curve over the next few months is going to be very steep....

So far though, money well spent  :thumbup:

What your line speed?  

You do not need a vpn to stream channels unless it is a requirement like BBC Iplayer (geo blocked)

Install the FTV addon and see if you can stream any of the UK and USA channels

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-ftv-filmon-for-xbmc/

Watch the tutorial video again and skip to the steps of how to do this.

I get stuck here as well. I re-watch it again every time I add new addons.  

DSTV supersport addon is currently not working... i have not managed to get it to stream channels for the last week or so... so maybe that is why is not loading properly.  Also check under videos for DSTV organised alphabetically at D and not S for Supersport

What your line speed?  

You do not need a vpn to stream channels unless it is a requirement like BBC Iplayer (geo blocked)

Install the FTV addon and see if you can stream any of the UK and USA channels

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-ftv-filmon-for-xbmc/

2Mb at the moment. Nobody else on the line just the TV connected . Managed to get connected to one or two (Just testing things) but a lot of the channels said "No stream available" Hence me wondering of there was an issue with my IP address being from SA.

I'll go and have a look for the FTV addon tonight.