Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which tablet do you have? 

Samsung N8000.... Something about the version of Android that it is running being too old. I looked for an update but it said it was up to date. App not available in teh Play store either.

Fabes Huawei run on android OS so you will definitely be able to download it. Go to this page on your tablet and just follow the instructions. When its up and running ill explain how to watch supersport for free. http://kodi.tv/download/

And can I do it on a Smart Tv? Samsung?

And can I do it on a Smart Tv? Samsung?

Not as far as I am aware - and I have tried to find it for mine...

I recently started with Kodi, I hope you can help me with a problem.

I have an erratic connectivity problem (I think) with RasberryPi / Kodi. On the face of it, it connect well with my modem because I can watch any channel on NTV without interruption. 

However, any add-on I wish to install usually starts with adding the file source in System / File manager. Always get an error that " couldn't retrieve directory information. Is could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it ?"

So I have to load the file onto the HDD, connect to Raspberry and install from zip. Very annoying !

If I go to System / Network the "internet" line alternates between "busy" and "not connected. Check network settings" every few seconds. Is this not supposed to always be "busy"? Maybe because it connects anddisconnects, that is why I cannot add a file source?

Install I from zip is OK if I don't have to do it often, but now I want to play with some of the e.g. picture add-onsl ike Dilbert, choose install, gives download 0% message and then eventually "installation failed". Makes me think it is related to not being connected?

Any ideas for resolving this?

Oh and a much simpler question, once I install an add-on, how do I get it to show as a large icon on the "home screen" under video etc?

I recently started with Kodi, I hope you can help me with a problem.

I have an erratic connectivity problem (I think) with RasberryPi / Kodi. On the face of it, it connect well with my modem because I can watch any channel on NTV without interruption. 

However, any add-on I wish to install usually starts with adding the file source in System / File manager. Always get an error that " couldn't retrieve directory information. Is could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it ?"

So I have to load the file onto the HDD, connect to Raspberry and install from zip. Very annoying !

If I go to System / Network the "internet" line alternates between "busy" and "not connected. Check network settings" every few seconds. Is this not supposed to always be "busy"? Maybe because it connects anddisconnects, that is why I cannot add a file source?

Install I from zip is OK if I don't have to do it often, but now I want to play with some of the e.g. picture add-onsl ike Dilbert, choose install, gives download 0% message and then eventually "installation failed". Makes me think it is related to not being connected?

Any ideas for resolving this?

What system version of Kodi are you running?  I run openlectv without issue,

make sure yo type exactly as required to ensure the repositories are installed via system/file manager