2016 motivation for getting lighter and faster

I also have good news this morning...my one business ran at a loss from 2008-2012...I never thought I would be so happy to hear that...so I am only in for R10k in accounting fees again but no spending for the other fellas.

Now just figure out a way to get the money out the customer who didn't pay me in December and I can stop stressing and focus on getter lighter.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I did not have lots to loose @91kg with 16% body fat, with the help of my better half I managed to loose 3Kg so far, now I am motivated to loose at least another 2, hopefully I will be faster by then as well.

now to figue out a way to get my mind to wrap around the eating plan and stay focused again.

something i learnt about healthy eating...you have to put in the effort to go out and buy the right food...prepare the food and pack it for during the day especially...because i am on the road all day.

eating healthy is not cheap.

Around mid 2015 when I weighed 84kg, I watched "That Sugar Film" after hearing a lot of hype about it. It is surprising firstly how calories from fructose have a far worse affect on your weight than the same calories from any other food group. And secondly how many everyday products contain copious amounts of sugar. Check the back of the pack, 4g of sugar= 1 teaspoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uaWekLrilY&ab_channel=ThatSugarFilm

Now I didn't actually want to loose weight, but I decided to cut down on the amount of sugar I consumed for all the other health reasons. Other than cutting down on sugar, I also started drinking a cup of green tea every other day. 4 months later I had shed 8kg, down to 76kg. It's amazing how much less effort it takes to get up the same hills now.

Anyway, for the past few months I've been trying to make sure I don't loose any more weight, drinking milk stout by the quarts, eating like a horse, I even took de-worming tablets just in case. It's difficult to put any weight back on. I think I need to cut down on my riding 5 times a week and start hitting the gym again.

now to figue out a way to get my mind to wrap around the eating plan and stay focused again.

something i learnt about healthy eating...you have to put in the effort to go out and buy the right food...prepare the food and pack it for during the day especially...because i am on the road all day.

eating healthy is not cheap.

I wish many other reps would get this, every time I chat to people on the road they say, I can't because I am on the road, bad excuse.

It might be time to re spoke the trek back wheel...doing a hillclimb session today...as i stood up and applied pressure to the pedal i heard that spoke breaking sounds...then felt the rubbing on the brakes. [emoji22]

Starting to wonder if the roads i ride are not too rough...or if i should get a 28 tyre and drop the pressure...running 23 at the moment at 100 psi

It might be time to re spoke the trek back wheel...doing a hillclimb session today...as i stood up and applied pressure to the pedal i heard that spoke breaking sounds...then felt the rubbing on the brakes. [emoji22]

Starting to wonder if the roads i ride are not too rough...or if i should get a 28 tyre and drop the pressure...running 23 at the moment at 100 psi

That would at least improve the quality of your ride

Easy. Buy running shoes...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Dont joke...i am considering it...or just going to spinning classes

Had a good ride at giba today...did the old blue route ( yip up that steep hill at the beginning) and the green route...last year this time...i couldnt even get to the top of the green route....without stopping ever 2 km for a 10 min break and drank all 4 litres by the time i got to the top...shame that poor giant revel i am surprised i didnt break all the spokes having to carry over 130 kg with all the water.

b69febbbe44cd22f2bff669ca78655ef.jpg

Thats it i am done with road bike riding...both my bikes are for sale R25000 for both...after our ride this morning i dont want be on the road anymore...i lost an old friend and new friend this morning on the M4.

b69febbbe44cd22f2bff669ca78655ef.jpg

Thats it i am done with road bike riding...both my bikes are for sale R25000 for both...after our ride this morning i dont want be on the road anymore...i lost an old friend and new friend this morning on the M4.

Ag no man - sorry to hear about the tragic news.

I leave early in the morning to head down to durban for my ride...as i pass the pubs and i see people still drinking...i alway wonder what happens when these people make their way home...this morning i believe we got to experience it first hand

3a5a3781916a9b3be1497403a3ad1571.jpg177811f8ce4b30782b7597e44c6e1b71.jpg4aa8ce4d8b952da45fbbcf2ef3dd186c.jpg

I am normally right at the back of the group with richard who is always there to help us beginners and slower riders...passing on words of wisdom and also leading at times so we can draft him to keep up ... jared would normally be up front or also helping get me up hills and offering advise.

for some unknown reason jared was right at the back with richard...when the black golf hit them...it was a horrific experience.

It is a huge loss to the cycling community.

I leave early in the morning to head down to durban for my ride...as i pass the pubs and i see people still drinking...i alway wonder what happens when these people make their way home...this morning i believe we got to experience it first hand

3a5a3781916a9b3be1497403a3ad1571.jpg177811f8ce4b30782b7597e44c6e1b71.jpg4aa8ce4d8b952da45fbbcf2ef3dd186c.jpg

I am normally right at the back of the group with richard who is always there to help us beginners and slower riders...passing on words of wisdom and also leading at times so we can draft him to keep up ... jared would normally be up front or also helping get me up hills and offering advise.

for some unknown reason jared was right at the back with richard...when the black golf hit them...it was a horrific experience.

Condolences bud. Really not cool. Hope they throw the book at him

Dude harsh one! Please pass on our (BikeHub's) condolences to Jared and Richard's family. May they Ride in Peace! Condolences to you as well.

I sincerely hope that the driver gets what's coming to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday morning i decided it was time to get back on the road bike...not even one enquiry...here i thought di2...full carbon...blah blah...road bikes dont sell...might try sell it as spares.

Parked at sun coast and boy did the rain come down ...decided to go get coffee at the coffee guys...by the time i finished the coffee the rain stopped...went to the bird park and back twice...around 50 km...did 1 loop on the circuit but the cycle lane was open to traffic already...had a close shave with a vehicle...when the robot turned red the vehicle stopped and i caught up...i did point out to her that the big yellow pictures on the road were in fact bicycles...i know the lane was open...but i just dont see why people have to drive close...there are 3 lanes on that section of the road.

Sunday was either midmar or cedara...no road closures at midmar...i decided to go to cedara...it was the first time during a 40 km mtb classic that i have actually stopped and enjoyed the view...i did finish almost last...but i also stopped to assist with an accident...

thank goodness i had a bandage...i finished the race and the guy was still not back....i had packed and was ready to go when he only arrived back [emoji15]

Emergency numbers should be printed on the sticker which you attach to your board...when i got to a marshal his phone battery was flat [emoji57] we eventually got hold of his wife who got hold of one of the organizers who sent out a vehicle.

d3a6ad085b25b2f64ce863e416483437.jpg

Archived