[Event] Karoo To Coast

News bot

I have a K2C entry for sale. Give me a shout if you are interested. Wife will not be riding.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a K2C entry for sale. Give me a shout if you are interested. Wife will not be riding.

Hi

Please i want it!!!

Pierre Henn

Please text me urgently

Thanks Cobus. Ek is opsoek na nog 2 ander entries as jy dalk weet van ander. So ek vat jou vrou sin en dan soek ek nog 2 ander.

email me on pierrehenn@yahoo.co.za if you have entries for karoo to coast to sell. Looking for 2. Thanks

Pierre

Pierre, a good way to pick up tickets as they come up for sale is to follow this thread. There is a "Follow this topic" button at the top of the page. 

You can also follow the event entries, similarly there is "Follow this category" here -> https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/category/35-event-entries/

You will get spammed with some email chatter, but this way you get instant notification that a ticket comes up for sale. I got my entry this way in my first year.

10 weeks to go. Able to do 8.5 hours a week on the bike. Aiming for a Scenic 6 hour finish at K2C, which is a comfortable 16km/h. Training on a hilly course which is either up or down (5 days a week). Total distace in training amounts to around 1400km over thje next 10 weeks. which is the same as Jo'burg to Cape Town via N1. I think it is possible. Current fitness level is on par with the average weekend warrior with family obligations. Where is the problem? Km's, hours or speed? (Maybe I should rather attempt Jo'burg to Cape Town over 10 weeks instead?).

10 weeks to go. Able to do 8.5 hours a week on the bike. Aiming for a Scenic 6 hour finish at K2C, which is a comfortable 16km/h. Training on a hilly course which is either up or down (5 days a week). Total distace in training amounts to around 1400km over thje next 10 weeks. which is the same as Jo'burg to Cape Town via N1. I think it is possible. Current fitness level is on par with the average weekend warrior with family obligations. Where is the problem? Km's, hours or speed? (Maybe I should rather attempt Jo'burg to Cape Town over 10 weeks instead?).

8.5 hours a week is more than enough. I would however swap two of the shorter rides for a single long one over the weekend so you get used to hours in the saddle.

There are obviously many more factors to consider :  age,  weight, pain threshold, power output at various levels but 6 hours seems conservative.

I will not be averaging 8.5 hours a week and will be aiming for something between 4:30 and 5:00 hours on the day.

This is based on my experiences over the 6 races I have done. Training around 6.5 hours a week average and a finish time in that range.

I only have one secret.  Ride well within yourself up the Wa-pad and the next two climbs,  and you should start reeling them in up the long climb to Buffels which starts at about 48km. You will make up lots of going through the forest and up Simola.

I have been to Modders for some training but battle to maintain 16km/h average over the yellow route and its not that much climbing, I will do Suikerbos soon, also aiming for 6 hours, this will be my first.

Age 50 and pulling the scales at around 90 kg's. I agree on the Wapad. Arrogance of fellow riders is at the order of the day. No-one wants to stick to the left when walking. Did a 5;20 last year but was much fitter and 2 kg's lighter. I took strain when we got to the plantation where they were stacking the logs. Besides the compulsory walk due to non-conforming "buddies" for around 2km up the wapad, I never got off again. (Did take advantage of the free Lube service around the 70 'k mark). Somehow the nerves are chowing me more this time around. Will operate longer hours over weekends to get the backside full of callouses.

The level of riding - and even walking - at the back of the Elite group up Ou wa pad was really crap last year. Did not make sense to me that those people even got into the first start group. 

Rouxenator, I saw a similar tendency at the tour of Stellenbosch last year. One would think the your proficiency depicts your start list. Noooo. I am not a good cyclist at all. My time for Stellies was 3;15 (2G). But there were riders in the same start group that did not belong there. It is not fair of me to say it is Cape Province thing, but hey, it does not happen much elsewhere. I would hang my head in shame if I jump the startpen because  I know people. Only get shouted at by a overweight middle-aged bloke (like myself) because I am too slow. No-one achieves anything. 

please i urgently need a entry for the karoo to coast cycle tour.

my contact details are

Albert Small

079 773 7700

The level of riding - and even walking - at the back of the Elite group up Ou wa pad was really crap last year. Did not make sense to me that those people even got into the first start group. 

Try fitting a bunch of 500 riders

onto a jeeptrack climb

without congestion, people going slowly, walking etc

Not going to happen

Physics 101 - not  lack of skills & fitness

PS - although I do agree that the "Elite" tag is a very loose description of the average actual ability in that group...