[Event] Karoo To Coast

News bot

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds tempting to do it as long as possible because the route is just so scenic. Normally I keep it between 4 and 5 hours, maybe it's time to slow down a bit.

Sounds tempting to do it as long as possible because the route is just so scenic. Normally I keep it between 4 and 5 hours, maybe it's time to slow down a bit.

Yes, I think I'll do that too - slow and steady.

By choice, obviously...  :whistling:

This place at Avontuur is about 20km along the tar road (?) The exit Uniondale from Queen Street and meet us at the R62 intersection (?). Fresh Waterbottles, Coffee from the flask and a tiny breakfast, then the missus can be on her way again. I saw others do it last year, but being a "freshman" then, did not take advantage of the convenience.   

post-68204-0-72238200-1471247126_thumb.png

I see they mention on the Website that for the first time the Entries are limited to 4200, how many entrants were there normal.

Yes, I think I'll do that too - slow and steady.

By choice, obviously...  :whistling:

Can I join in ?

I provide lots of shelter and a good draft on the tar section into Knysna and the finish :oops:  

I see they mention on the Website that for the first time the Entries are limited to 4200, how many entrants were there normal.

They always state they cut off from 3700 to 4300

I send an email to Zandile. She is media relations officer (with a wicked sense of humour) and she says in 2015 there were 4300 people who entered. Total finishers were 3700. Sounds like a high failure rate, but many are no-shows, sick, lame, lazy and feeble excuses etc. Very few actually drop out during the race and even less do not make the cut-off times. Infact, I have yet to hear of the organisers pulling someone off the course. (I could be wrong, off course). Very lekke organisers who run a great event. Very accommodating and friendly crowd in that part of the world. Min Dae.  

I send an email to Zandile. She is media relations officer (with a wicked sense of humour) and she says in 2015 there were 4300 people who entered. Total finishers were 3700. Sounds like a high failure rate, but many are no-shows, sick, lame, lazy and feeble excuses etc. Very few actually drop out during the race and even less do not make the cut-off times. Infact, I have yet to hear of the organisers pulling someone off the course. (I could be wrong, off course). Very lekke organisers who run a great event. Very accommodating and friendly crowd in that part of the world. Min Dae.

Was surprised last year at the truck-loads of bikes that kept coming past. Lots of DNFs there! Also saw the cut-off being extended (just behind me ????). Fantastic event!!!

Friend of mine did it the first time 3 years ago and he was showed the "short cut" home at the cut off.

Lets hope the wind stays calm during this event, yesterday's wind almost killed me.

Wind has not yet been a problem...but we had rain the night before in 2013 and in 2012 it was farking cold at the start.

Friend of mine did it the first time 3 years ago and he was showed the "short cut" home at the cut off.

Isn't that the road that comes through the squatter camp on at the N2 ?

Archived