[Event] Karoo To Coast

News bot

I will not go as far to say how prepared I am. 

What I can say though this is the best I have ever prepared for a bike race.

Will i suffer probably yes.

Hopefully less than any previous year. i am quietly confident

Certainly the most hill training I've ever done. Once this old motor warms up, it will be OK. The aim of the exercise is to also enjoy it. Places on the podium are long gone by the time I get there. We will all suffer somewhere along the route. But, hey, it is still a lekke way to spend a day in your life. 

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ekt ook 'n 50km met 500 klim gedoen, eks nou n dooie bobbejaan.....very worried

52km met 787 klim. Sal n halwe K2c kan oorleef

You've obviously never been the victim of a Cape Town weather forecast...

post-32865-1473678761,4892.jpg This is what Garden route weather is like. [emoji85]

Starting Checklists tonight. Chip, entry printed to avoid that long Que, Rennies to avoid cramps, elastics to secure waterbottles. Bike, flight tickets, booking for Hartenbos, Uniondale and Knysna etc.... and wife. ,

Let me tell you a little story about the Karoo2Coast.

Today, exactly 12 years ago I asked a girl I had met a few days earlier if she would like to take a drive down to Price Albert with me as we had discussed how much we both enjoy the Karoo.

Fortunately she said yes and so I had company for the trip and someone to drive my car from Uniondale to Knysna.

In October we will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and will have made the K2C trip six times since then.

Have fun. Work prevents me from going down next week.

52km met 787 klim. Sal n halwe K2c kan oorleef

Ekt 42km met 950m klim gedoen die naweek... knie was seer na die tyd, maar die longe is yster. Hoop net die knie hou haha.

Ekt 42km met 950m klim gedoen die naweek... knie was seer na die tyd, maar die longe is yster. Hoop net die knie hou haha.

3 jaar terug die K2C gery n week voor acl rekonstruksie. Ek het amper gevrek

Having my 10th wedding anniversary on the 24th. It's usually on K2C weekend so when people as me what my wife is getting for our anniversary I always say a trip to Uniondale and Knysna. 

Funny thing is we went to Knysna for our honeymoon back in 2006, that was a full 5 years before I started cycling and doing K2C. 

3 jaar terug die K2C gery n week voor acl rekonstruksie. Ek het amper gevrek

Eina! Een goeie ding wat ek hiervan kan vat is dat mens darm nog lekker kan fietsry met a ACL rekonstruksie, die toekoms lyk helder!

Eina! Een goeie ding wat ek hiervan kan vat is dat mens darm nog lekker kan fietsry met a ACL rekonstruksie, die toekoms lyk helder!

Dis wat my in Fietsry in gekry het, die Physio het gesê, ry fiets, eerste maand "stationary" en daarna gewone fietsand " the rest is history"

Having my 10th wedding anniversary on the 24th. It's usually on K2C weekend so when people as me what my wife is getting for our anniversary I always say a trip to Uniondale and Knysna. 

Funny thing is we went to Knysna for our honeymoon back in 2006, that was a full 5 years before I started cycling and doing K2C. 

you should be their spokes person.

Archived