GoPro Helmet mount

PregoRoll

Howzit all, 

I have 2 sticky mounts for my GoPro Hero 3+ (1 flat and 1 curved) but I dont have enough surface area on my Bell Volt to safely hold the camera to my head, 

A handlebar mount is just noisy and gives horrible footage, 

Has anyone found a good way to mount it on your pip?

Many thanks

Howzit all, 

I have 2 sticky mounts for my GoPro Hero 3+ (1 flat and 1 curved) but I dont have enough surface area on my Bell Volt to safely hold the camera to my head, 

A handlebar mount is just noisy and gives horrible footage, 

Has anyone found a good way to mount it on your pip?

Many thanks

Drill 4 holes into the mount and use good old cable ties to get er mounted. That's what I used with my Bell Super when the "built in" gopro mount started un built inning itself.

the chesty gives a better pov in my case, you could try the strap that goes through the vents of the helmet but that looks very dodgy to me

good luck

I use the strap thingy through the vents and it works like a charm

the chesty gives a better pov in my case, you could try the strap that goes through the vents of the helmet but that looks very dodgy to me

good luck

Chesty is probably better as if you look around a lot with a helmet cam you get sea sick from all that left right motion when watching the video! 

Shot for the feedback all!

Will probably just spend the money and get the chesty mount, 

is it not a pain the ass trying to unzip your shirt?

I agree with carbonboy those ali rigid bar mounts are awesome

the plastic ones vibrate on really rough terrain and the camera vibes which gives dodgy footage

if the cam vibes you should try using that little white silicon clip tightening insert to keep cam rigid

its a pain to get into the clip and an even bigger one to get clip off but it stops cam from vibrating and helps improve footage

post-85316-0-47557400-1453282428_thumb.jpg

I have the issue of bad quality footage from my current bar mount

Are you talking about vibration or video resolution? I have a Hero 3 Black and a White and the Black makes much better videos only because the resolution is much higher than the White. Higher resolution is also better for bumps, vibration and sudden movement i.e. riding a MTB. Setting the camera to a higher resolution will improve video quality but reduces battery life and consumes more SD card space.

Are you talking about vibration or video resolution? I have a Hero 3 Black and a White and the Black makes much better videos only because the resolution is much higher than the White. Higher resolution is also better for bumps, vibration and sudden movement i.e. riding a MTB. Setting the camera to a higher resolution will improve video quality but reduces battery life and consumes more SD card space.

Riding a hardtail is the issue, but now i see where you guys are coming from, 

I was wondering what the little plastic clip was, 

Ill give it a try and see how it turns out, 

Many thanks for your help!!

Chesty.

How often do you zip/unzip your shirt during a ride?

often, 

I run hot so anything after 10am and my shirt is wide open

often, 

I run hot so anything after 10am and my shirt is wide open

you can zip down to whre the chesty start interfering.

You may find the chesty adds a little bit of heat discomfort, but only on really hot days.

But for me it is worth it to get the footage you want.

Head mount is OK, better on the side of a full-face but on top with vented lid, only the vented strap works and you have to really tension the mount up...as said previously, you looking around a lot when riding so it can get dizzying to watch but your neck does give some dampening. Mounting anywhere directly to the bike is the worst, no matter what mount you use, vibrations are directed straight thru the mount especially if the mount has any extension. It's great for short inserts in post though, to give a different angle but you need to aim for close subjects like gears, wheels or chain rings, anything out in the distance will be crazy jumpy even after post-stabilization. That white thingy is just to prevent the mounting clip from coming undone...it keeps the jaws of the flexible mount arms open and doesn't give any stability.

Chesty is better cause your body absorbs the vibrations nicely and it also gives interesting perspective with both the bike, handlebars arms and terrain in view. The chesty gets mounted on top of all your gear so no need to unbutton your shirt! 

Best is a 3D gimbal, now coming with GoPro mounts...have a look!

Here's another, same trail, all gimballed...

Edited by capediver