Custom Insoles

igg

Can anyone recommend a place near Fourways to get custom orthotic insoles for my cycling slippers?

In my never ending quest trying to eliminate pain, I seem to me moving it around, from my left knee, to my right and now my left ankle. I'd just like to get insoles made so I can eliminate that from the equation.

Can anyone recommend a place near Fourways to get custom orthotic insoles for my cycling slippers?

In my never ending quest trying to eliminate pain, I seem to me moving it around, from my left knee, to my right and now my left ankle. I'd just like to get insoles made so I can eliminate that from the equation.

Mine were done by cyclefit in Rosebank - you might as well get properly fitted at the same time.

Mine were done by cyclefit in Rosebank - you might as well get properly fitted at the same time.

Awesome, I've actually got a bike fit scheduled with them next week at Northcliff. I wasn't aware they also do custom insoles.

Awesome, I've actually got a bike fit scheduled with them next week at Northcliff. I wasn't aware they also do custom insoles.

They do the heat moulded ones - more than good enough for most things - and significantly less cash - 8/900 as opposed to about 3 - 4 k for a set from a podiatrist - my feet like them.

Personally I am not to fond of the heat form able ones since I believe they can lose their shape(I will most probably be proven wrong). A well made orthotic with different density materials should be better long term. However they are pricey. Luckely I know how to make my own

They do the heat moulded ones - more than good enough for most things - and significantly less cash - 8/900 as opposed to about 3 - 4 k for a set from a podiatrist - my feet like them.

That's a bargain price by Suisse standards, just paid R 6700 for some running orthotics excluding the actual foot / gait analysis session which was another .... R3450 at todays ROE....ja i know you shouldn't but i cant help it...converting

Eish, I actually have a set of heat mouldable insoles. I like them well enough, but I find they have no arch support, which is why I was looking at getting custom moulded ones. But at those kinda prices, I might have to rethink this.

I am sure if you call around for orthotists an podiatrists you should be able to find someone that will give you a decent price.

A mate of mine is in boksburg, Frans Marx give him a shout, might be able to put you in contact with someone in your area.

Go custom, better quality and will be designed to Suit your biomechanics. Check out www.podiatrist.co.za for a podiatrist in your area.

Just paid R1800 for moulds and the resulting running orthotics.

Eish, I actually have a set of heat mouldable insoles. I like them well enough, but I find they have no arch support, which is why I was looking at getting custom moulded ones. But at those kinda prices, I might have to rethink this.

Go for the bike fit first - 10 to 1 odds are that you have other fit issues than just feet....

Mine have a fair amount of arch support, but not wild - just enough - that said, I don't have any biomechanical issues with my feet - they work just fine most of the time.

I have run in a set of custom orthotics before - feet hated them unfortunately, so now I don't run enough to have issues.... :) and I stopped wearing soft soled shoes most of the time - and my plantar facitis dissapeard and together with that, the need for the orthotics.

Just paid R1800 for moulds and the resulting running orthotics.

This is Jhb... not the boondocks :)

Go for the bike fit first - 10 to 1 odds are that you have other fit issues than just feet....

Mine have a fair amount of arch support, but not wild - just enough - that said, I don't have any biomechanical issues with my feet - they work just fine most of the time.

I have run in a set of custom orthotics before - feet hated them unfortunately, so now I don't run enough to have issues.... :) and I stopped wearing soft soled shoes most of the time - and my plantar facitis dissapeard and together with that, the need for the orthotics.

Yea, no, I definitely have issues, but the bike setup in the past has never resolved these. ITB in both legs is the cause of the knee pain.

The ankle pain is a new one though, only started 2 weeks ago and I suspect it's because my left foot naturally pronates. My cleats are set in a neutral position though, and I can't move them due to heel strikes on the chainstay.

Yea, no, I definitely have issues, but the bike setup in the past has never resolved these. ITB in both legs is the cause of the knee pain.

The ankle pain is a new one though, only started 2 weeks ago and I suspect it's because my left foot naturally pronates. My cleats are set in a neutral position though, and I can't move them due to heel strikes on the chainstay.

Do the ITB stretch I posted somewhere - if it doesnt work drop me a pm.

If you have shimano pedals, you get ones with bigger offset axles so you can turn heel more inwards and not hit the stay's

Edited by Karman de Lange

For running I use SofSole insoles, they have quite a range addressing a wide range of ailments. I don't see why they can't work for cycling as well. Got myne from Sportsmans Warehouse.