The all new Santa Cruz Hightower 29 or 27.5+, 135mm VPP travel bike

News bot

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I had chatted to them directly to get the following but it became to much of a mission. Hopefully the have stock

starting at full bike price of $4,599 according to the article here: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/santa-cruz-hightower-first-ride-2016.html

Tell me again why SC aren't bringing in full bikes!? 

Oh yeah - Dragons Sports hold the agency. LOL. 

But still - at that price, it's cheaper than the respective Giant Trance at the same kit spec. Killer. Giant Trance Advanced 1 is $ 5,000. Full XT & Fox 34 vs GX & Pike, but the Giant has their composite wheelset. 

But - we'll likely get the frame only, for $ 2,899. Which still makes it a "boutique" item. 

Come on, Dragons. Bring the full bikes in. You'll se a LOT more sales!

Greg Minnaar Cycles bring in full bikes - you might just have to wait for the next shipment.  Contact Craig Paul at 033 347 2775

Greg Minnaar Cycles bring in full bikes - you might just have to wait for the next shipment. Contact Craig Paul at 033 347 2775

Of course! Should have remembered the obvious...

You think they will bring out another TB LT as well as this bike ?

I cant see it.

The Lt was discontinued in July last year already and they say that this is not a replacement for the LT.

Disagree. Same niche just better.

They say that it is not the replacement for the LT but it fills the void left by it with a added plus to change it to a very different bike. But I have now read a couple of reviews from different mags and some say it's a replacement and some say it's not so they seem to be a bit stumped as to what it really is. Edited by Bizkit031

I think I read something on the SC website about it having bottle mounts inside the front triangle.

You're right. You can see them waaaaaaaaaaay down below in the frame. 

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb13112616/p5pb13112616.jpg

Waterbottles?

One, inside the frame below the shock.

You can have a bottle mounted even with a piggyback shock.

The TBLT had the mounts on the downtube below the front triangle.....so the bottle's mouthpiece always gets covered in crud from your tyres and you nearly fall off the bike when leaning down so far to get it out.

Edited by JXV