Kalbo designs products

wacker

I bought the Kalbo 1x10 conversion stuff and I must say its beautifully made and backed up by great service!

I have very little knowledge about MTB related mechanics, and Colin from Kalbo helped me out big time!

Even when I ordered the wrong stuff, he happily sorted it out!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can vouch for them . I'm running a 32 n/w chainring running a normal XT rear derailleur and have yet to drop a chain ( 5 months now) 

Can vouch for them . I'm running a 32 n/w chainring running a normal XT rear derailleur and have yet to drop a chain ( 5 months now) 

I also think this has a lot to do with correct chain length and rear derailleur tension

I have the 32 and 34 elliptical rings from them. Agree with everyone else; excellent quality, price and service. Would recommend them without thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

I joined the "kalbo clang" today. Whoop whoop. Got home stripped the bike fitted the 32 oval and my 11:42 rear...and then...my problem started. I can't get me gear setup right.Got a full XT setup with clutch derailer. I adjusted my B- tension screw but no luck. Almost seems like its pulling and putting strain on derailer. Now I am wondering if it might be chain length.

Anybody in CT that did the conversion that can perhaps point me to a LBS that can help with the adjustments?

Thanks Colin for the great service and super products.

You may need a goat link or RAD cage to align the RD better in order to get the shifting right due to the wide range cassette.

You may need a goat link or RAD cage to align the RD better in order to get the shifting right due to the wide range cassette.

Awesome. Love the hub...always discovering new gadgets. Thanks AlanD for the info

I joined the "kalbo clang" today. Whoop whoop. Got home stripped the bike fitted the 32 oval and my 11:42 rear...and then...my problem started. I can't get me gear setup right.Got a full XT setup with clutch derailer. I adjusted my B- tension screw but no luck. Almost seems like its pulling and putting strain on derailer. Now I am wondering if it might be chain length.

Anybody in CT that did the conversion that can perhaps point me to a LBS that can help with the adjustments?

Maybe post a picture of it in biggest and smallest gear? I'm sure Myles and the boys will give advice as they did for mine ....

I'm running the 32 chainring and previously and the 16t and 40t expander gears.

excellent quality.

Still have to try the oval rings.

Photos....

One from the side of the whole drive setup in the 42 rear cog with chain and cranks.

One of the RD top pulley in 36t or 42t position and showing b screw and pulley offset from cassette....

Then we can help

Does the XT not come with an alternate mount in the box? This is a known problem on some bikes hence the shitmano designedan alternate hanger

Archived