Youngest Philogene brother pips Minnaar at the post in DHI Cup

News bot

St. Ives Lodge and Restaurant on the Midlands Meander shared its MTB Park and Trails with the 2016 KZNMTB Provincial Downhill Series – presented by Greg Minnaar Cycles on Sunday 21 February. The most memorable moment of the day was for Junior Christopher Philogene, when he beat the time set by multiple World Champion Greg Minnaar and took the overall men’s title.

Click here to view the article

Great to hear the young blood rider's are working hard and growing. ....and giving the ou toppies a bit of a run for their money.

Can only mean good things for the future of th in S.A.

2e6b19d18c604552620c702fdf856a61.jpg

I thought Greg was giving the locals a chance. It would be poor form obliterating the opposition in an event that you sponsored...

Such a great weekend of riding! Thanks to all of those people who put the time and effort in to make it happen  :thumbup:

Venue was great, tracks were great, timing was great etc, etc

The DH was absolutely awesome to watch (after my run) and those top 5 are on another level!

Good times!

You've got the Senior Men's names mixed up... 

Or KZN MTB did anyway, assuming this a copy and paste article...

You've got the Senior Men's names mixed up... 

Or KZN MTB did anyway, assuming this a copy and paste article...

Don't see the error, Christopher Philogene is a Junior.

Don't see the error, Christopher Philogene is a Junior.

Tiaans time. It was listed as Christophers 1:29.45 at first (still like this on the KZN MTB page where the article was copied from). It's been amended here since my comment.

Edit: I can see the confusion - I was referring to times against the names, not meaning Tiaans name was incorrect and should be Christopher  :thumbup: .

Edited by Ryanpmb

I changed the time on the results to reflect that attached by Fr33rider. I forgot to post a comment informing you of the update to avoided this confusion, sorry.

Never been so bummed in missing an event...just to ride with the legend would have been a highlight in my none featuring mtb career.... what a way to kick off the kzn season....im sure its going to be a cracker

Actually. All the elites can suck it ... because according to the media release. Peter Hoyer in MASTER men had the best time. ... 1:26.97 .... WOW. That is amazing for a 55 year old ballies who started racing 5 years ago.