Emperors Classic 2016 (road)

Dexter-morgan

I had fun in AL. It was my 3rd edition of the race and my time only seems to get better each time with a 2:21. AL 871, thanks a lot for bumping elbows with me around the 85k mark, I have no idea how I managed to stay upright. Other than that, it was just a high speed race in the bunch. Missed doing the halfway bump :-(

Happened right in front of me. If you were the guy in the white and blue kit on the left of that three guy tangle, watch your swearing next time.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happened right in front of me. If you were the guy in the white and blue kit on the left of that three guy tangle, watch your swearing next time.

Yes it was me. If you can quote was I said then that would help, but I definitely did not swear. I shouted 'you bloody idiot' at AL 871, nothing more, nothing less. If you consider that swearing, that's for your judgement only. Anybody that knows me, KNOWS that I DON'T swear at all.

For real ? Bikes crash around you in a bunch and he should have his mind on what comes out his mouth? This is mens sport , can't tell me adults blush that easily?

Did the survey. It was the worst part of the race. When they asked about water points I didn't know what to say. I never saw any water points at all. With an average speed of almost 42km per hour and tucked into a tight bunch I never noticed anything other than bicycles at all. I assume there must have been waterpoints. Apparently there always are. Kind of thing you notice only when you puncture or get shelled.

Seriously though. It was a very good effort. Almost as good as Carnival.

I know AL 871, Brandon in the Dunkeld Kit. He is more than a 3x rider of the event and a Vet 45-49 with many years under his pedals. He definitely not an bloody idiot nor would he have done it intentionally. It's a hi risk sport, especially the flat faster races. Accidents or mishaps do happen!

Thanks.

For real ? Bikes crash around you in a bunch and he should have his mind on what comes out his mouth? This is mens sport , can't tell me adults blush that easily?

Well you just can't go around calling people bloody idiots. Respect the people around you,  We know the risks involved especially in a fast paced race like this. 

Well you just can't go around calling people bloody idiots. Respect the people around you, We know the risks involved especially in a fast paced race like this.

I'm just saying when people start hitting the deck around me , what comes out of my mouth is not something you can hold me accountable for, cos it will be colorful. And really not meant but purely a reaction to pooping myself .

Yeah, make sure it's loud and imaginative, I know mine would be.

I barely missed the guy in Sky kit on the Raleigh that went down. Think my rear wheel hit his helmet. I ended up going off road through the grass, but managed to stay up and get back into the bunch luckily.

I barely missed the guy in Sky kit on the Raleigh that went down. Think my rear wheel hit his helmet. I ended up going off road through the grass, but managed to stay up and get back into the bunch luckily.

Where did this happen? I rode BL & stayed upfront from Start to finish, didn't notice any crashes or mishaps! Was riding the Blue/ Black Propel with Activate Esmero kit (Blue, Yellow/ White)! Pace could have been upped, I tried a few times, but I tried to save legs for the finish. Finished 10th overall in the BL bunch.

I rode in AL and I saw one guy bunny hop a huge pothole. there was also lots of glass as you take the second left within the 1st km of the race.

I missed any Potholes then... as far as glass is concerned, If  I had to compare it with my local ride where I have to dodge glass every 2km,  this was farely clean.

Also the rumble strips is not very comfortable but not much they can do about that... Its a road race...not an indoor velodrome i guess

Where did this happen? I rode BL & stayed upfront from Start to finish, didn't notice any crashes or mishaps! Was riding the Blue/ Black Propel with Activate Esmero kit (Blue, Yellow/ White)! Pace could have been upped, I tried a few times, but I tried to save legs for the finish. Finished 10th overall in the BL bunch.

I was also up front, Think a lot of guys were saving their legs.

Don't get the swearing thing either. So bloody what if people curse?

Well, cursing in general. Calling people names isn't on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Definitely agree that we could have picked up the pace a bit. Was bummed to see that a lot of CL riders had a so slightly faster time than a lot of BL guys. Just over halfway I saw we had a average of just over 41km but we let slack on the second part.

Definitely agree that we could have picked up the pace a bit. Was bummed to see that a lot of CL riders had a so slightly faster time than a lot of BL guys. Just over halfway I saw we had a average of just over 41km but we let slack on the second part.

1st half of East Rand races is always faster than the 2nd.  Downhill going out and usually wind against coming back.

A friend of mine started in FL and was a bit bummed on missing out on a sub 3 by a few minutes due to the fact that they got stopped to let a bunch of buses go through. 

Only negative I had about the race was the size of the VA bunch. Please can we lower the seeding for these races. There were allot of guys not up to par and made it extremely dangerous in the bunch.

The rest of the race was smooth and marshaling was excellent.

Agree with you mr. green canondale. Really need to make a plan

Archived